dix-sept

🍸

🍸

『 (Y/n)'s home, 11:49 P.M 』

(Y/n)'s point of view

When Hanmi pulled up in front of my building, it was almost midnight. I thanked her and got off the car, waving her goodbye once I was standing outside. I watched her drive away before running inside the building, eager to get home.

I had a fun night at the karaoke bar with Hanmi, Juan and his sister Maria. Surprisingly, I missed Hanmi a lot ever since she got suspended at work. A consequence of the tea incident with Sooyoung. Thankfully, I still had Juan.

The past days had been uneventful, my annoying thoughts always drifting back to Jungkook. I felt so embarrassed after what I told him during our last encounter. I couldn't bear seeing him after that, I might faint out of shame. Thus, no host club for me anymore. I wasn't sure whether I'd go back or not, but I knew I didn't want to see Jungkook.

Unfortunately, I couldn't have a goodnight sleep because of him. The way he closed his eyes under my touch, the softness of his skin, the faint smile that appeared on his face when I admitted I cared for him... All these things kept replaying in my head, like an exciting moment you want to make sure you'd never forget.

He must have gotten under my skin, there was no use in denying it. And that was exactly why I refused to see him. Knowing Jungkook, there were high chances that he wouldn't care. Each time we had an argument, he'd get away with a simple 'sorry', only to reenact the jerk attitude weeks later. This time, I wanted to protect my feelings, and the only way to do so was to avoid him. And I would stick to my plan, no matter what.

~ ♡ ~

Ever since she received hot coffee on the face, Sooyoung never looked me in the eye again. It kind of made me uncomfortable, but it was better then hearing her constant mockery. I could never thank Hanmi enough.

"(Y/n), make me some coffee please!" Juan begged as he dramatically groaned in pain, massaging his temples

"Serves you right! Why did you have to drink so much?"

The boy pouted. "I have to get drunk whenever I hang with my sister, that's our sibling code."

I rolled my eyes, placing the cup of coffee right in front of him. We talked for ten minutes, enjoying our short break. Eventually, Kanghee—the secretary—came in, looking for me. Apparently, someone was waiting for me in the lobby.

I left Juan alone in the breakroom, walking to the lobby where a few employees were about to leave the building. Some of them were whispering, staring at the glass front door. I frowned, wondering where the mysterious visitor was.

"Outside." Kanghee surprised me from behind "He's outside."

He?

Hesitantly, I exited the building to end up in the streets. I shivered, sincerely missing my jacket. I scanned the area, seeing no one familiar. That was until I felt a pair of strong hands grip my shoulders from behind, causing me to jump. Instantly, someone laughed.

"Calm down, it's just me."

Jungkook's soft voice spoke in my ear, forcing me to turn around. There he was, looking like a glorious modern day prince with his long black coat and his pair of light blue jeans. His black wavy hair fell on his face, blown by the wind. His signature cheeky smile caused my heart to skip a beat.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying hard not to sound nervous

He smirked. "I'd like to take you out on a date."

Blood rushing all over my face, I felt my cheeks burning under his amused gaze. "What? Stop joking!"

The black-haired chuckled, running his long fingers through his hair. "I'm serious (Y/n). I couldn't stop thinking of what you—"

"Don't mention it!" I exclaimed, covering his mouth with my hands. Realizing my action, I blushed and removed them. "Forget it."

"Oh?" He cocked an eyebrow. "I won't. I'm telling you. I want to take you out, what do you say?"

I couldn't give him a proper answer, too surprised by whatever was going on. "Listen, the guy at the front desk told me the office closes at six. I'll pick you up and invite you to dinner."

"That really not—hey!"

He rushed to his car, ignoring me.

🍸

Just

Just. Wanted. To. Post. That. I'M SMITTEN. Are you not?