dix-neuf

🍸

🍸

『 (Y/n)'s home, 07:18 P.M 』

"We clicked."

"You clicked?"

"I guess so. He seemed happy and I know for a fact that I was."

Hanmi excitedly clapped her hands, causing me to giggle. We were both in my apartment, eating chips while lazing around. It was a girls' night, a sleepover that we really needed in order to relax. Also, I kind of missed Hanmi. I couldn't wait for her to come back to work the next week.

"It's funny how we both grew closer these past weeks." Hanmi pointed out, munching on a handful of chips

I smiled, nodding my head. "I'm glad it happened."

"Duh! Don't forget I'm your knight in shining armor. I'll always have your back."

"Thank you Hanmi, it means a lot."

We both stared at each other, smiling like a pair of idiots. That was until her lips turned into a pout.

"It angers me though, how people can be mean for no reason."

I sighed, knowing exactly what she was referring to. "What can we do about it? They're ignorants."

"Still! It's unfair. Look at you, you're not different from any of us. You have a face, a body, a soul and a heart. Why do they have to distinct humans according to fundamentally futile details such as skin color, face features, weight or whatever discriminatory shit? Life is difficult enough for us to hurt each other!"

She was right, I couldn't agree more. Why people were so mean? I had no idea. They were raised that way. What seemed mean to me could seem fair to other. We all have different minds, different views, different opinions.

Deep inside, I knew my body wasn't abnormal. I just didn't fit people's tastes, but I wasn't the only one. They judged me for not trying to please them. They hated me for being fat. They looked down on me for having a different culture. They despised me for being me. And I felt sorry for them, because they would never be satisfied with themselves, always excepting better.

"I think we should stay true to ourselves and ignore them. Thankfully, people like Jungkook and you exist." Hanmi's eyes lit up "I should pay more attention to what you have to say rather than listening to bullies like Sooyoung."

And with that being said, Hanmi jumped on me and held me tight in a warm embrace.

~ ♡ ~