022

PART 22.
ACT II; SCENE VIII

apartment
hana, jungkook

────────────────────

          HANA KEPT HER MOUTH SHUT, Haneul, that name was brought up again. The apartment was silent, until Jungkook speaks up. "I still can remember exactly how I met her. It was cold, Haneul was laying on the ground at night alone so I let her stay in my house, and I took care of her. No one dared to help her, so I did." Jungkook becomes talkative when drunk. He giggles recalling how they first met.

Their story was similar on how she and Jungkook met. "Guess what happens next? After weeks staying together, I fell for her hard, not knowing what happened to her, either her past. See how dumb I was?" His voice started trembling.

"She knew how to gain my trust and, that's something she succeeded on having. You can even say that, she was the cause of my euphoria. I was happy, Hana. I really was." Jungkook said sincerely. Hana couldn't see him, but she knew he was in pain. Hearing the tone of his voice, hearing his voice crack, he must've love her so much but it somehow hurt her.

He decided to take another sip of a new bottle he opened. "But, one night I woke up by the smell of something burning, Haneul wasn't next to me anymore. So, I went downstairs calling and yelling her name, I found her in the kitchen, she stood there with a knife. In that moment I knew that Haneul was the one that started the fire in my house, but I was so confused." He puts his bottle down. "And, when I looked at her in the eyes, I couldn't see the person who I fell in love with. In her eyes, I could only see anger."

It was traumatic, worst than a nightmare. Jungkook's story was petrifying. He remembered every single detail of it. That was the reason why he didn't want Hana to stay at his place, the reason why he was always up late at night in the kitchen, that's also why Jungkook always checked if she was really blind and didn't pretend to be one. He was at first frustrated, but Hana was different. He knew she wouldn't do such thing, he just wanted to make sure.

"And, the burnt house you mentioned, it was mine. That's why I know about the location where you are living"

Hana was left in shock, unable to speak. That house was his, the beautiful house that everyone admired was his.

How can Haneul do that to an angel, like Jungkook? He's the most reliable person she ever met after her dad.

────────────────────