Chapter 3

"Ib, wait up!" Auram called out. "We didn't mean to offend you!"
"Then why was I offended? Ib called back. "I'll forgive you when I feel like it."
Auram sighed and suddenly thought of something. "I guess I'll improve my armour by myself."
Ib came running back to him. "Can I watch you?"
Auram laughed and replied, "Sure."

In Auram's workshop.....
"This place is amazing!" Ib gushed as she wandered the workshop. "Not only the place, but the things you do inside it!"
The workshop wasn't really a workshop at all. It was a long desk covered by a large tent. All sorts of thing could be found inside of it. On either side of the desk were random assortments of objects.
"Thanks." Auram replied, bent over the carcasses of the Krawlers he killed. "The people in it are just as good." Auram stopped for a moment, confused, as if he didn't realize he had spoken out loud.
"Thank you." Ib said, not caring if Auram was embarrassed. "That's very sweet of you." And you're cute when you're confused. Ib thought, but didn't say it out loud.
Auram smiled at her and went back to his work.
Why is your smile so attractive? Ib wondered.
"So what are you doing?" Ib asked.
"I am taking the legs of a Spine, and turning them into armbands for my armour."
"Cool." Ib said, fingering pieces of armour that Auram had made in previous hunts. "What will make them any different then your old armbands?"
"If my calculations are correct, then they should be twice as strong as my previous ones." Auram said, carefully taking the legs and welding them together.
"Cool." Ib said. Moving in to something else nearby. It had a semi-circle band in it and on the sides of the band were large triangular things that had a blue glow about them. "What's this?"
"What's what?"  Auram said, turning to look at what she meant. "Oh that? That's a headband that looks awesome. It should fit the head if anybody that wears it, but I can't get it to work."
"Maybe I can help!" Ib said mischievously.
"NO!" Auram yelled.
"ENCHANT!" Ib cried at the same time, pointing the rod she carried with her everywhere at the headband. The headband sparkled for a moment, then stopped.
"See." Ib said. "Nothing bad happened."
"Nothing yet." Auram replied, looking worried.
"I promise nothing bad will happen." Ib said.
"Well, do you want the headband?" Auram asked her.
"Do I? Yes!"
Auram carefully took the headband from the band on which it rested and carefully placed it on Ib's head. It then slowly shrunk until it fit her head perfectly.
"Wow. I never thought....."
"Never thought I could cast a true spell?" Ib teased.
"No, I never thought that you could look better then you normally do." Auram replied with a smirk.
Ib laughed. "Come on, lover boy. Let's see what my brother has gotten into."