Chapter 5

Auram walked into the kitchen and turned on a light. "There's no one here." Auram said, confused, as Ningirsu joined him in the kitchen
"Look again." A voice said.
Auram jumped and looked down. He saw a tiny fairy, about the size of his hand. It wore a headband that looked a lot like Ib's, a dress, and had 4 tiny wings
"I am Lee." The fairy said. "If you look closely, you will see that I am not an actual living, breathing, being, but a projection of a lost soul."
As Lee said this, Auram noticed that the fairy had 4 flying objects, looking like flattened cups, around her, shooting beams of light at the fairy.
"Who are you?" Ningirsu asked.
"I am Lee." The fairy/projection said.
"I got that that's your name." Ningirsu replied, annoyed. "I meant who are you?
"I was....well, it's probably not best to tell you right now." Lee said.
Ningirsu snorted in frustration. "Fine." He muttered.
"So," Auram said. "What was it you wanted with me?"
"Ah, right." Lee said. "Are you aware that the Mekknights are power hungry monarchs who are going to destroy your world as soon as they get what they're looking for?"
"I understood about half of that." Auram replied. "I didn't think they would destroy Chailes, though."
"They will." Lee said. "They did it to my planet too. Would you do what it takes to stop them?"
"If it means saving my planet, then of course!" Auram exclaimed. "What do I need to do?"
Just then, Ib walked in. "Hey guys." She said. Then she saw Lee. "Oh my goodness that thing is sooo cute!" She shrieked. "How long have you had that and not told me?" She asked, crestfallen, to Auram. "Wait." She said, not giving anyone any time to reply. "My birthdays only in a couple of weeks, so." She continued, pondering. "Is that my birthday present?" She asked hopefully to Auram.
"No." Auram said. "She's a fairy that says we're supposed to go on a important quest to save our planet."
"Cool." Ib said. "I'll go start packing."
"You're not coming." Ningirsu said. "Just me and Auram. It's to dangerous for you."
"Yes I am." Ib replied. "If I don't, you won't come back alive."
"Yes we will, and if you come, you'll annoy us with your constant whining!" Ningirsu fired back.
"I don't whine!" Ib shouted. "If anything, you need me to cook your meals and look after Imduk and watch out for that quicksand and make sure neither of you betrays the other and......."
Auram blocked out the fighting siblings and turned his attention toward Lee again. "So, what are some of the details of this quest?"
"We have to find 7 magical artifacts that the world created before the Mekknights." Lee said. "For whoever so holds the world legacy's shall have the power to do whatever they so chose."
"And I can bring my friends?" Auram asked.
"You must bring the young lady's brother."
"Why?"
He will be very valuable in your quest."
"Should Ib come?"
"No, it will be most dangerous. It is not for the weak in heart."
"Okay."
Auram turned to see Ib smiling at him.
"I convinced Ningirsu to let me come." She said happily.
"I don't know Ib." Auram said. "It will be really dangerous."
"What, you don't think I can handle it?" Ib asked.
"No, it's just that..."
"Wait." Lee said. "Maybe she should come. In fact, she should definitely come."
"See." Ib said. "Even the fairy projection thing says I should come."
"Fine." Auram said. "Just promise me you won't get hurt."
"I won't." Ib said. "I'll have Ningirsu and Imduk to protect me. Now, go pack your things. I get a feeling it won't be a short trip."
"Just one moment." Lee said. "I'll just really quickly cast a spell to bind us all together so that we'll all now where everyone is at any point in time."
"Sounds good." Auram said.
"I could cast one." Ib said.
"No, no." Lee replied quickly. "I'll cast it."
"You can cast magic?" Ningirsu asked.
"Yes, now shut up and let me." Lee said some unintelligible words and waved her arms.
"I don't feel any different." Auram said.
"That's because your all in the same room." Lee said, as though it should have been obvious.
"Now you may go."