0.3

"Get up we're here." he heard his mom's voice. he looked up confused. "When will you understand that I don't know what you're saying," he said causing her to laugh. "We're here, you need to wake up now," he stood up and grabbed his carry-on stretching. They stepped out of the plane and went to get everything set.

Once finished they walked out. The air felt different and he couldn't read the signs. everything he's read couldn't come to mind and he couldn't make out the words. He already felt like crying. He didn't belong here.

He looked at street signs and saw English, thanking the gods English was a common language around, and followed his mom.
"Where are we going?" he would ask but his mom didn't answer. "We're going to grandma's house," he only understood one word and decided to keep silent about it.

They sat in the taxi and he pulled out the book he was using and started learning grammar and once again, basic words. He tried pronouncing certain words but simply couldn't get them right. He was either forgetting a letter or the word was too long to pronounce and gave up halfway. Sans mom looked over watching the concentrated look on her son's face. She was proud he was at least attempting.

"We're here," the driver said as to which Sans mom bowed, elbowing San to do the same.

"You have to bow, every time you see me doing it you do it also okay?" she said as they grabbed their bags and knocked on the door.

"Oh my god San!" he only understood his name but there his grandma was pulling him in for a hug. He didn't understand what was happening but he hugged back and smiled. He had to admit it was comforting and the environment was as equally as comforting.

"San doesn't speak Korean so there will be some difficulties," he heard his mom speak causing a shocked expression on his grandmother's face.

"She... you don't know... Korean?" she tried to say. San looked over and smiled shyly, shaking his head. His grandmother gasped. "How could you not teach him?" he saw his mother laugh and shrug, grabbing her mother's shoulders and motioning to go inside to chat.

"How about you take a little nap then go into town for a bit?" she told him. He nodded and grabbed the bags, seeing where his grandmother was pointing indicated that would be his room.

He took off his shoes and looked around the room. It was a traditional Korean home. He's seen these kinds of homes in the pictures. His mom had a scrapbook full of her old home, which he assumed was this one.

He entered the room and saw pictures of his mom and her siblings. He saw people he's never met before and so on. Despite the comforting aura, he felt so out of place. He didn't understand the culture or language. He just got here and he was already feeling homesick.

He felt nervous about going out later. He didn't know how to address anyone, or when or when not to bow. San wasn't given enough time to study anything. As he lay on the bed and drifted off to sleep he hoped to feel a little better.