1.5

barrier: a circumstance or obstacle that keeps people or things apart or prevents communication or progress.

his texts remained unanswered. san felt confident in texting wooyoung. he had a great time texting the boy from the first experience and even laughed thinking back on how nervous he was.

it's been a two weeks since and there has been no communication with wooyoung since. yeosang had stopped by frequently, but not as much as he usually would. his stays were shorter and conversations weren't able to be kept.

he had looked at his tattoo a couple days ago seeing only one flower petal. he shrugged it off, not really concerned about it.

yeosang had noticed, but he didn't say anything. he knew this had to stop immediately. san had been acting normal. he didn't understand why the boy wasn't dealing with side effects like wooyoung. san continued to learn korean and even started practicing on his own remembering the tips yeosang and hongjoong had given.

yeosang and hongjoong decided to give san a visit. they had seen wooyoung hours before and the boy was a wreck. sans mother had opened the door, boeing hello and smiled widely. yeosang had thought about sans question about his parents. he didn't see a soulmate tattoo on the women's arm.

they said their hellos and walked in sans room. yeosang thought maybe he figured out why san wasn't affected by this and wanted to see if he was correct.

"hello guys!" san smiled closing the book he was reading. hongjoong smiled and sat on the bed. "there's something we need to talk about..." yeosang started. san nodded and sat up waiting.

"these past couple weeks, wooyoung hasn't been great." san widened his eyes. "he hasn't been answering me in two weeks. i was wondering what was wrong." he said and yeosang shook his head. "we need you to realize what you're doing." san didn't think he was doing anything wrong. "there's no point in us being soulmates. i go home next week. there's plenty of people who don't have soulmates he can find a new one." he said hongjoong stepped in before yeosang.

"there's a thing called tattoo disappearance. when the soulmate becomes one sided. there's side effects to this and wooyoung is dealing with them because you don't want to accept reality. we understand this isn't part of your lifestyle, but i know you've felt something for wooyoung during your stay. can't you just accept it and stop denying it?"san looked over at hongjoong. why wasn't he going through side effects like wooyoung? how bad has wooyoung been these past two weeks? his tattoo is also disappearing?

"once his tattoo is gone you two are no longer attached. you both no longer have soulmates. wooyoung was really happy realizing you were his soulmate, and it even grew while you two were texting. you should consider at least trying with him." yeosang said. san thought about it. if he was to accept wooyoung what would happen? he had school back home, friends, a comfort zone. here he felt he had to watch what he said and did. he felt restricted.

"i'll think about it." he sighed. yeosang seemed unsure. wooyoungs tattoo was disappearing fast and he didn't know how long it would last. he felt anxious for the both of them even if san was feeling fine.

"does your mom not have a tattoo?" he asked. san nodded his head. "hers must've disappeared when she and my dad divorced." he said and yeosang knew exactly what happened.

san was so used to seeing his mom fine after the divorce. no effects whatsoever which had meant sans father possibly went through it. now that san thought about it it all made sense.

san wasn't able to witness his fathers pain fully. he only saw the beginning of the sadness that would soon consume him.

san: can i come over later?
read

______

i decided to double update next chapter will be about wooyoung over the past two weeks so prepared because i'm already starting it and truthfully, it's a mess

also ignore any inaccuracies between sans mom i don't remember if i said she had a tattoo?? i'm pretty sure i never mentioned it but if i did ignore it she doesn't have one :)

i'll also be getting into sans fathers life afterwards and what exactly has been happening:) i was gonna have at least 4 sad chapters but i cut it down to the next chapter then afterwards it'll be happy from there <3

i can never look at woosan without thinking about the amount of stuff i make san do to wooyoung i really put wooyoung through it