Chapter 13: Party Time

I'm sitting in my bedroom with Katrini playing a board game when my phone rings. I answer it. "Hey." says MK, over the phone. "My parents are out of town for the next two days, so I'm throwing a huge party." "A huge party?" says Katrini. "Yeah." says MK. "The entire tenth grade is coming. It's at eight this evening. Do you and Katrini want to come?" she says. "Sure." I say. I could use a little fun. At seven-thirty, Katrini goes home to change and I pick out a pair of sparkly trousers and a red sequined top that cuts across, revealing my shoulders. I let my hair down. I wear a little bit of eyeshadow and lip gloss
I look good. I also put on a pair of heels. It makes me look two inches taller.

Katrini and I meet up. Katrini is wearing a gold, flashy gown, gold lip gloss and gold eyeshadow. I ask Luke to drive us to the party. As we pull up, I see MK and her friends waving to us from the window. Loud, loud music is blasting through out the house. "Have fun!" says Luke as he drives away. "And be safe!" MK comes to the front door to greet us. She is wearing a silver crop top and ripped jeans. "Come in!" exclaims MK."We're playing Truth or Dare." Katrini and I come in. Tenth graders are gathered in the living room, sitting on the couch, the chairs and on the floor. "Hey we've got more people here!" says MK. Everyone cheers. Even D'amato cheers and waves to us. We find a seat on the floor. "Katrini, Truth or Dare?" says MK. "Truth." says Katrini. "What was the dumbest thing you've done?" asks MK. Katrini launches into the story of how she poured orange juice into her fishbowl when she was six. Once she finishes her story, Elias smiles and points at me and says "Christina , Truth or Dare?" "Dare." I say, grinning. Dares are what make the game fun. "I dare you to wear D'amato's hoodie for the rest of the game." says Elias. D'amato takes his hoodie off, revealing a black T-shirt underneath and hands it to me. I slip the hoodie on over my tank top. It's way too loose for a girl my size. Katrini snaps a picture of me on her phone. After more dares are taken, we start dancing to music. We decide to play Spin The Bottle. Then the dancing begins. I hang out by the refreshments table, helping myself to delicacies on the table. MK had even gotten a caterer to get refreshments. Then we go for a swim in the pool with our clothes on. Luke picks me up at ten-thirty. "Bye Chris!" says MK. "Good luck tomorrow!" As soon as I get home, I set my alarm for six and go to sleep.