[2] Welcome to Your Clique

[3] Welcome to Your Clique

Katniss's Point of View

As I walk off the bus I'm instantly hit by the enormousness of the school. Guys jump over benches, girls gossip, some people in black are gathered in a corner glaring at everyone, a couple people read books. It's a frenzy of teens trying to impress other teens, and I have no idea where I fit in this intricate web of people.

Before I can even take a step into the crowd of people, a flying shape jumps on me, almost knocking me over.

"WHAT THE-?" I growl, trying to look at the person who's trapped me in a hug.

The person who has me backs away from me and I am struck by the fact that I have no idea who she is. She has  brown hair filled with layers, making her shoulder length hair look very choppy. Her bangs are very long and completely cover one of her eyes, which are a dull blue. She's wearing a t-shirt with a yellow oval with a bat looking symbol in it, black skinny jeans and a dark blue sweatshirt. She has glasses on her face that cover a lot more than just her eyes.

"Haaaaaaay!" She says hyper. Madge walks up behind me, and rolls her eyes.

"Montey, calm down." She sighs. The girl, Montey I think, takes a deep breath and suddenly her face is completely different. Her eyes hold no emotion, and she looks almost depressed. Wow.

"Aren't we changing seats in english today?" Montey asks, suddenly bored.

"Yep." Madge replies.

"I swear, if I have to be next to Delly again I'm going to rip my hair out." Montey growls. Madge just laughs. Delly's a name that I recognize, and I do agree she gets a bit annoying after a while.

"Kaaaaaaaaaaaatniiiiiiiiisss." A voice calls from behind me, I turn and see Rory Hawthorne weaving his way through the crowd towards me. I momentarily wonder how he knows me, then I remember that he's always been Prim's friend.

"Oh, hey." I greet him, trying to act like I didn't randomly wake up in a strange place.

"Where's Prim?" He asks, looking up at me, but not that far. He's only about three inches shorter than me, which I don't get since I'm four years older than him.

"Um.. I dunno." I say, scanning the crowd for my sister. Rory sighs and darts back into the crowd. That was weird.

"It's weird how much Rory likes Prim." Madge says. I get her drift when she says 'likes' as in like like.

"It truly is." I say, for the first time today getting what someone was talking about.

The bell rang right after I said that, and the small group I'd been standing with dispersed. I stood there panicking. Montey looked back at me, "You coming?"

"Um, yea." I stutter, and follow after her. We chit chat as we walk through the crowded halls to a classroom, a dull classroom with that.

I almost pause as we walk in to do a double take. The teacher at the front of the classroom was Johanna Mason, a victor in the Hunger Games. She wore simple clothes, jeans and a black sweater. She scowled at me as I walked in, and I quickly sat in a desk next to Montey.

The bell rang again, signaling that we should be in class, marking the beginning of hell. I mean school.

A/N: Yes, I did feel like adding myself to a story. There isn't a lot of good-guy teenagers in the books, so I compromised. At some point I will let you readers into the book, probably just random guest appearances in chapters. So don't forget to vote, fan, and comment!