Chapter Twenty

Bela's silly questions and thoughts made Behir relationship a bit awkward. Both were trying to be normal but Bela keeps hesitating thinking about those. One day Mahir finally decides to ask her about her behaviour. He goes to her room without knocking and gets shocked seeing her completely wet and draped in a towel only. Mahir immediately turns back to decrease awkwardness but Bela says something to which he gets completely surprised.

Bela: Mahi close the door before someone else sees me like this...

Mahir closes the door and turns towards her. He slowly takes steps near her making her feel nervous but she stands still. Finally he reaches near her and lifts her face holding her chin to make her look into his eyes.

Bela: Mahi... Kya kar rahe ho? Let me wear something...

Mahir: Sona... What do you mean by those words?

Bela: Kaunse words?

Mahir: Close the door before someone else sees you like this? Matlab Mai tumhe aise dekh sakta hu?

Bela's face turn completely red and she closes her eyes feeling shy. Mahir brings his face near her and is about to kiss her when they hear a knock on the door. Bela immediately pushes Mahir and runs into the washroom. Mahir rubs the back of his neck and opens the door surprising Aditi.

Aditi: Mahir beta... Tum yaha?

Mahir: Haa aunty wo mai Sona se baat karne aya tha magar wo naha rahi hai na...

Aditi looks at his shirt which is little bit wet and understands that they are starting to grow close. So she nodes in ok and leaves. Mahir thinks she didn't find anything and relaxes. He again closes the door and knocks on Bela's washroom and tells her that her mom came but now she has gone.

Bela comes out of washroom again wrapped in towel but this time she has dried herself with the towel. Mahir looks at her from top to bottom to which Bela feels more awkward.

Bela: Mahi... Aise kya dekh rahe ho?

Mahir: Tumhi ne toh kaha tha that tumhe mere aise dekhne se problem nahi hai... So let me see...

Bela: Mahi please...

Mahir: Kya?

Bela: Let me change...

Mahir: Haa sure...tum change karlo. Mai aise hi dekh raha hu... I mean wait kar raha hu...

Bela holds his hand and pushes him out of the room making him laugh. She intentionally leaves the room door unlocked. Mahir observes how Bela pushed him away and still kept the room door unlocked giving him confused signs. He decides to enter the room and enters to find Bela in her inners.

Mahir immediately locks the door and turns away. Bela is happy to see him not doing anything and waiting for her step. She dresses up and hugs Mahir from backside. Mahir pulls her to his front and lifts her face. He pecks her lips making her frown. She immediately raises her feet trying to capture his lips. So Mahir bends down and allows her to capture his lips. They share a slow yet small kiss and then go out.

Behir slowly realise how their relationship is changing from being friends to husband and wife and how much they are growing close to each other. Behir are sitting in Mahir's room with Bela on Mahir's lap and gossiping one day when Sumitra comes running to them.

Sumitra: Bela... Mahir... Abhi chalo neeche...

Bela: Kya hua Maa?

Sumitra: Wo sab baad me... Abhi chalo neeche.

Behir go down with Sumitra and are completely shocked to see Bela's parents lying dead on two carpets and the whole area is completely filled with blood stains.

Bela starts crying very bad and Mahir too cries feeling bad for her.

Sumitra: wo dono car me wapas aa rahe the lekin ek truck ne unhe dhakka maara and they are spot dead.

Mahir completes Bela's parents' last rites as he is their son in law and then they shift Bela to live with Sehgals only. Bela keeps crying remembering about her parents and Mahir tries his best to support her and console her.