Chapter 12

I sighed getting ready for school but before I could leave Bruce rushed into my room holding a piece of paper, "so I finally got the results from the hair samples that you gave me and the ones I got from Steve and Bucky." my eyes grew as I snatched the paper out of his hands and tears filled my eyes as I saw Steve Rodgers was my father, "Steve is my father?" Bruce nodded, "I also found your mother if you would like to know that too." he winced as he told me this new information and I closed my eyes biting my lip, "I don't care about her she gave me up and Steve probably didn't even know about it." a single tear rolled down my face and Bruce grabbed my taking me into a hug and I sobbed into his shoulder I heard the door open and I heard Nat say, "it time to-" she cut herself off when she saw me sobbing and rushed over taking me from Bruce cooing into my ear, "oh sweetheart what's wrong." I handed her the paper and she read it, "isn't that a good thing?" I nodded, "he also found the results of the bitch who abandoned me." she looked at Bruce and he shook his head and she sighed, "you can stay home from school if you want and you can train with me if you want." I wiped my eyes and hugged her, "thank you Aunt Nat." she rubbed my back and then got up and left with Bruce trailing right behind her leaving so I could get dressed I grabbed a black tank top along with some black legging and threw my hair into a ponytail. I headed down to the training area and didn't see Nat so I started stretching soon I felt arms wrap around me and I panicked so I flipped them over me and pinned them feeling bad when I realized it was Clint, "sorry." I grimaced and held my hand out to grab to help him up he grabbed it and stood up, "you have nice reflexes kid I'll give you that." I smiled and sat on the edge of the ring, "so where is Aunt Nat?" he shrugged, "I don't know but I can teach you a thing or two about bows." I chuckled, "I already how to shoot though." he raised his eyebrows and offered me his bow I grabbed it lined up the shot and hit the bullseye I handed him back the bow. I waited about fifteen minutes and Aunt Nat still hadn't showed up so I headed back to my room and thought about Jefferson when I opened my eyes I was in his cabin and he was still sleeping so I headed out to the main quarters and saw Grace sitting at the window staring outside I sat next to her, "what's wrong Grace." I followed her gaze and saw her staring at the group of kids getting on the carriage that takes them to school, "do you wanna go to school Grace?" she nodded, "yes, but papa doesn't have enough money to afford it." I bit my lip, "do you want me to talk to him to see if I can persuade your dad to let me enroll you into a school from where I am from it's free there granted there food isn't all that great." I wrinkled my nose causing her to giggle, "but that's okay I could pack you a lunch." she nodded, "please can you do that." I nodded, "I'll talk to him when he wakes up and I'm replacing his bandages okay?" she nodded and I grabbed her hand, "let's play a game while we wait." I wrote a note letting Jefferson know that we had left that way he wouldn't panic.