Chapter 29

I drove for about twenty minutes before I spotted a hotel that I’ve seen before and so I parked and Dean parked right next to me. I climbed down out of my truck and smiled at the brothers, “welcome to the lavish lifestyle.” I grabbed my duffle bag and walked in, “hi I need to rent a room for about a week.” I gave her a huge smile. She rolled her eyes, popping her gum, “how many beds?” she looked at the brothers behind me and I said, “two kings please.” she typed something and said, “that’ll be $485 dollars please.” I counted out $500 and put it down, “keep the change sweetheart.” I grabbed the key and walked to the room opening it revealing two lage beds along with a couch. I walked over to the large couch and laid down on it closing my eyes mentally grimacing how uncomfortable it was. Sam raised a brow at me, “what do you think you’re doing?” I raised a brow opening my eyes to look at him, “whatcha mean samsquatch?” he sighed, “you paid for the hotel you get one of the beds we’ll sleep on the couch.” I shook my head, “you guys need something proper to sleep on and besides this couch is pretty comfortable.” Sam picked me up and threw me on the bed and I pouted as he sat on the couch and raised a brow, “you call this comfortable?” I rolled my eyes and stood, “I’ll be back.” I went back down to the lobby and said, “I need a second room with a single bed.” she typed something in and said, “that’ll be $245.” I gave her $450, “go get a job you’ll enjoy, you look miserable.” she smiled sheepishly, “is it that obvious?” I shook my head, “no I’m just really good at reading people and trust me if guys came in and out harassing I would punch them. Just remember to choose something you enjoy.” she came out behind the desk and hugged me a silent tear running down her face, “thank you for actually caring I’m all alone in this world.” I ran a hand through her hair, “how old are you sweetheart?” she looked up at me, “I’m sixteen.” her stomach grumbled and she looked down, “sorry I haven’t had money to eat recently.” I waved her off and said, “it’s fine let’s go get something to eat.” she nodded and went to her managers office. A few minutes she came out and was smiling, “let’s go.” I hopped into my truck and unlocked the passenger side so she could climb in too, “where to?” she shrugged, “I’ve never really been out before.” I thought for a minute, “ever have Olive Garden?” she shook her head and I smiled, “okay Olive Garden it is then.” I sent Sam a quick text as to what I was doing and he simply replied, “stay safe you know the procedure right?” I sent him back, “yes.” I backed up and headed towards the restaurant listening to the gps. Ten minutes in the ride the atmosphere changes and I look over at her and realize her eys have turned black before I can start saying the incantation she slams my head into the window breaking it and making my world go black and the last thing I heard was the tires of my truck squealing as the truck was jerked of the road into a ditch where I hit my head on the steering wheel leaving a gash on my eyebrow.