Chapter 28

After an antagonizing 16 hour drive I arrived in front of my definition putting the truck in park and turned it off climbing out. I slowly opened the bunker door, being as quiet as possible hoping not to alert the boys that I was here. I walked down the stairs and saw their duffle bags on the table so I guess they’re in bed so I headed to the kitchen and started to make breakfast. I added chocolate chips to the pancake batter and listened to the satisfying sound of them sizzling on the hot pan. I then put bacon in the oven and let it cook while I grabbed another pan putting sausage in it and I put the pancakes on the table along with the bacon and then I returned finishing the sausage and I set it on the table and sat down right as they entered the kitchen. I smiled at them, “hello boys ya miss me.” Sam jumped as he heard my voice and Dean froze in place before rushing over to me, “oh short stack you’re not so short anymore.” I smacked his arm as he made fun of my former height. I sighed sitting back down after hugging Sam, “so how have you guys been?” They sat across from me and Dean shrugged, “the average hunter’s life how about you sweetheart?” I shrugged, “I got adopted and having a boyfriend life could be worse.” I avoided going into detail. I put food on my plate and they followed my actions, “so you guys ready to go on another hunt?” they furrowed their brows looking at each other, “what are you talking about there is no hunt right now.” I grabbed Sam’s laptop and flipped it open and pulled the news article, “this hunt.” I turned the laptop and slid it towards them. Sam studied it and shrugged, “I mean I’m ready if you want to do this hunt.” I nodded and grabbed my duffle bag, “sure let me get changed real quick.” I changed and headed back out and noticed they were outside as I heard the Impala rumbling and I walked out and patted the roof of the car, “oh baby how I missed you and your sweet sound.” I straightened and walked to my truck and pulled out of my parked position and followed the Impala as it zoomed down the road. I noticed Cas appear in my peripheral vision and I smiled still focused on the road, “hey Cas how’s it going?” he sighed, “life could be better right now, but let’s not talk about my depressing life, how have you been Luna?” I sighed, “just peachy Cas.” I looked over at him for a moment before returning my gaze to the road, “I know you watch over me Cas I know you’ve seen my heartbreak and so on and so forth so let’s not talk about it ok?” he nodded and grabbed my CD’s and shuffled through them and picked one out and put it in the disk player and Composure by Yours Truly came blaring through the speakers and I turned it up lightly singing along with it. We pulled over at a dingy hotel and I stepped out the truck leaving it to idle and crouched next to the driver's side of the car and said, “uh uh we are not staying here pick something better I will pay for it just god this please gives me the creeps.” I climbed back into the truck and had Dean follow me this time.