Money Trouble

WARNING: Abusive content, but only a small amount.

******
Today was now Saturday. On most Saturdays, Allan would go to a party or hang out at a bar with his drinking buddies. I love these days because he would drink all night and he would not come home until early the next morning.

I was laying on my bed when I heard his car left the house. I took up my phone and looked at the time. It was a quarter pass two. I guess he decided to start his night out early.

I left my room and went into the kitchen to see what was in the fridge to eat. The fridge was however empty. I saw only a small amount of milk left in the milk carton. It has been a while since I went shopping. This is due to the fact that I did not have any money as Allan spends the entire money on alcohol.

He didn't care if there was food in the fridge or not. He did not care about me. All he cared about was his alcohols in the cabinet. My mother had left some money for me before she left, but it was not enough. It was fast running out. I knew I had to get a job soon.

Pouring the last of the milk in a bowl, I made up my mind to go job hunting. I had cereal quickly, took up my phone and keys and left the house.

Looking a job was harder than I thought. I tried almost all the small cafes and no one was hiring. I knew that this wasn't the right way to look a job, but I needed one as soon as possible. I was getting frustrated and tired. My feet were also killing me as I have been walking for over two hours.

I looked up ahead of me and saw another cafe. I looked up at the sign above the door, which read: Miranda's Tasty Treats. I head in the direction of the small shop, hoping that my luck would turn over.

The doorbell rang over the door as I entered. Only a few customers were inside sitting around tables or booths. A young girl with dark hair was at the cash register. I walked up to her and she gave me a welcoming smile.

"Hello, welcome to Miranda's Tasty Treats. What may I get you?" The girl said in a friendly tone of voice.

"Hi. May I speak to the owner?" I asked her.

She looked at me for a short while and then she nodded. She left her post behind the counter and walked over to a door and disappeared. A few minutes later, the girl appeared with a lady. The girl pointed to me and the lady walked over to the counter where I was.

"Hello dear, how may I help you?" She asked with a polite smile.

"Hi, I'm Kayla Green and I was wondering if I could get a job here?" I asked.

The older lady gave me a sorry smile. "I'm sorry dear, but I have enough people here. I don't need anymore help." She replied apologetically.

"Are you sure? I've been everywhere already and I really need a job." I said, desperately trying my luck for the last time.

She looked at me for a long time before she smiled and said. "I'll tell you what. How about you come here on Saturdays? It's always busy on Saturdays and I could use the help. If I need any help in the week, I will call and let you know."

"Really? Thank you so much..." I paused looking at her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry dear. My name is Miranda Jones, but please call me Miranda." She indicated to the girl that I talked to when I just entered the store. "She over there is Samantha, she's my niece and the two girls here are Riley and Kerry." She indicated each person as she called their name.

"This is all so great! Thank you so much! So, when do I start?" I asked eagerly.

"How about you come in for a test run next week. I will tell you what you need to know and officially introduce you to the others that you will be working with, okay?" Miranda said.