The Bad Boy's Secret

The next day I went to school. I didn't have another altercation with Allan when I got home yesterday as he had already left for work.

When I got to school, my friends bombarded me with questions of concern. I had to convince them that I was okay. Thankfully, the pain in my stomach that I had yesterday was gone.

The day went by quickly and Lucas, Kevin, Jasmine and I left school together. Jasmine had asked us to come to her house after school to watch movies. I didn't decline, because I did not want to miss another time of hanging out with my friends.

After watching two movies and enjoying my friends company, it was time for us to leave. Lucas, Kevin and I bid Jasmine goodbye and left. We walked for a while, before we split directions.

I was almost home when my phone started ringing. I took it from my pocket and saw that it was Miranda. I answered it. "Hello Miranda." I greeted her.

"Hello Kayla. I was wondering if it is possible for you to come to the cafe for an hour?" She asked. "I'm sorry to implore on you like this, but we really need the help."

"Of course I can, Miranda." I replied. "I don't mind at all. I'll be there in fifteen minutes." I looked at the time and saw that it was almost 5:30pm.

"Thank you so much." She said, then hang up.

As soon as I reached the cafe, I head straight for the door at the back. The place was crowded and buzzing with customers. I passed Miranda serving a customer and I waved at her. After I changed into my uniform, I came back to the front to help serve the customers that were in the cafe. The cafe was packed and it was only Miranda, Samantha and Kerry. Miranda informed me that Riley was out with the flu.

It was almost 7:00pm, when I heard the jingle of the bell, signalling another customer. I looked towards the door and recognized the two people that walked in. They were two of Carson's friends; Jordan and Michael. They went over to a seat near the window and sat down. I saw that everyone else was busy dealing with other customers, so I went over to them, my notepad in hand.

"Hello, welcome to Miranda's Tasty Treats. What can I get you?" I asked, when I reached them.

Both boys looked up at me as soon as I spoke. "Oh, hey. You're the girl from school. The one who hit Carson in the face with a dodgeball. I didn't know you work here." Michael said when he recognized me.

"I just started here recently and are you guys really still on that?" I asked.

"Nope. But I don't know your name, so I use that." Michael replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"My name is Kayla. Now what may I get you boys?" I asked, getting back to my task.

"Can I get a vanilla milkshake and three diet cokes?" Jordan asked.

I wrote their orders on the notepad in my hands and smiled. "Your order is coming right up." I walked away from the table to get their order.

Within seconds, I came back to the table carrying a tray with their drinks. I took the beverages off the tray and placed it on the table. "Here you go. Is that all?" I asked.

"Yes. We actually gonna take these with us." Jordan answered.

"What are you guys doing getting drinks so late at night, anyway?" I asked suspiciously.

"We were actually a couple of blocks down the road, when this idiot said he wanted a milkshake." Michael answered, hitting Jordan on the back of his head.

"Hey! You just can't resist milkshake." Jordan exclaimed, shoving Michael.

"And what are you guys doing on the street this late?" I asked, then shook my head. "You know what? I don't want to know."