7

The next day at school was awful. The news of Jodie's death had spread quickly and everyone was wearing black. Everywhere she went , Ellie saw tears and felt glares. She knew why. Georgia would've blamed them for Jodie's death. She had a lot of supporters so it would've been easy. People moved when they saw the young blonde coming and people whispered when her back was turned. Only Daniel was supportive to her.In form , one of the girls called Holly actually came and spat at her desk. Holly was Jodie's best friend and she was really hurt. At breaktime Ellie sat huddled in the corner of the playground whilst everyone sat about talking in sad voices. Ellie and Daniel were both on the verge of tears and ellie was struggling to breathe.

At lunch they tried avoiding everyone but 2 older boys came and sat with them.

"what?! " snapped Ellie without looking up.

"chill, ellie. we don't believe georgia" said a soft voice. she glanced up and saw James and Thomas.

"oh" she said.

"ellie im not sure if your aware of this but - " he broke off looking uncomfortable and glanced towards Thomas.

"i know your my brother " she said softly. James looked surprised.

"well...uh....could you let me meet dad...you know...later?" he asked hesitantly.Ellie gave him a weak smile.

"ok"

So that night,Ellie found herself leading James to her home.

"Mother , father , felicity , we're back and we brought someone." shouted Ellie once she stepped into the room.

"Who is this?" asked Ariella looking at James.

"James....." said Daniel glancing at her. Ariella looked surprised.

"Oh ! How nice to see you James ! " smiled Ariella.

Shorter than usual but oh well i've got a reason for that i'll let you know if you ask .