No Time To Explain

CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER 14

Mal paces back and forth as she waits to be introduced to everyone.

"The future Lady Mal!" Lumiere announces. Mal walks out to stand beside Lumiere. "You work it, girl." Mal lets out a giggle before looking at her friends.

"Whoo!" Evie cheers and claps.

"Yeah, Mal!" Carlos yells and claps.

"Hi,"Beast says as he meets Mal halfway down the stairs.

"Hi," Mal says nervously.

"Hey, Ben and Bree are on their way," Beast tells them.

"Okay," Mal says as Beast leads her over to Belle.

"And you look beautiful," Beast adds.

"Oh, thank you," Mal says with a smile.

"I know we were shocked at first, but you... you are exactly what Ben needs," Belle says with a smile.

"And lucky for me, she doesn't go by first impressions," Beast jokes causing Mal to laugh, before she look at the others. "Of course."

"Hi," Mal says as Evie leads her to the others.

"Hi. How are you?" Evie asks her.

"Uh, sort of feel like I'm gonna throw up," Mal answers her with a laugh.

"Yeah? Okay. That's okay. Look, we're right here with you, okay?" Evie says.

"Okay," Mal says with a nod before the horns are played again. Mal and Evie let out an excited squeal.

"King Benjamin and Princess Briella!" Lumiere announces. Mal smiles as everyone bows to Ben and Bree.

"Go get him," Evie tells Mal. Mal and Jay walk forward and meet Ben and Bree, who bow to them. Mal and Jay awkwardly bow back.

"Mal, I wish I had time to explain," Ben says as they stand up straight. A door is opened and out walks Uma and Harry in a formal clothes. Mal gasps in shock while Evie and Jay look at each other confused. Ben goes to meet Uma and Bree to Harry. Ben leads Uma down the stairs before kissing his ring that is on Uma's hand. Harry kisses Bree's hand causing her to giggle. "I'm sorry. It all happened so fast. Something happened to me when I was on the Isle with Uma."

"A connection." Ben and Bree say at the same time.

"What are you saying?" Mal asks him.

"I'm saying..." Ben starts.

"It was love. It was," Uma says with a laugh. "I just... I realized how alike Ben and I are, you know?"

"We are," Ben says with a smile as he stares at Uma.

"I know," Uma says with a giggle.

"You're so beautiful," Ben tells Uma.

"Ben," Mal says and he doesn't look at her. "Ben. Did you go back for her?"

"He didn't have to. Harry and I dove through the barrier before it closed, and we're excellent swimmers," Uma explains.

"You are," Bree says with a smile.

"Aw, thank you," Harry tells her.

"Listen, Mal. I just really want to thank you, I do, for everything. Thank you. Thank you so much." Uma says as she hugs Mal, who stands there shocked, confused, and hurt.

"Don't you see, Mal? You were right. You knew that we weren't meant to be together. That's why you never told me that you loved me," Ben tells Mal, who struggles to say something. Bree and Harry with Ben and Uma start dancing.

"Come on," Evie says as she and Carlos pull Mal and Jay away.

"Not too thrilled I risked my life for them," Carlos says.

"We're with you, Mal," Lonnie says as she walks over.

"Let's get out of here," Jay says. Jane runs ahead of them.

"Okay," Mal agrees before they start leaving.

"Mal," Beast says stopping her.

"Honey, we're so sorry. We had no idea," Belle tells her.

"I'm gonna talk to him," Beast says before Mal continues to leave.