Hits Involving A Ding

We drove for about ten to fifteen miles in silence.

This was a pretty empty road with only seven cars that passed us. We were in the middle of nowhere. A field with a road.

I made a sad face with my fogged window and heard a low growling sound.

"Was that the truck?" I asked.

"That was me," Lawson replied and patted his belly. "We should probably eat something."

"Like what? There is nothing here!"

Lawson got his phone from the cup holder and pressed google maps.

"Restaurants near me." He said on the speaker.

"Head a mile north," The robot spoke. "And your destination will be on the right."

"Nothing here?" Lawson smirked and put his phone back into the cupholder.

I didn't feel like replying.

XX XX XX

We pulled into the parking lot of the small diner next to a tan pick up truck with a company logo. MILLER AND OMAR MECHANICS.

I opened my door and hit the logo right on the letter O of Omar.

Lawson inhaled through his teeth and hurried out of the car.

I got out and saw the damage which was a small ding at the center of the letter.

"That's not good," I spoke

"You can barely see it," Lawson added.

"I can."

"That's because you did it. of course, you can see it."

"They will notice the dent."

"It's a ding."

"Does it matter!?"

"... I guess not."

I touch the mark I made and sighed.

"What do I do?"

"Just don't say anything."

"They will notice."

"I told you. Just because you notice it, doesn't mean they will. Just keep quiet and we will get out of this situation just fine."

I look at the ding.

"Do you see it?"

"No."

"Atta boy. Now, let's go eat something."

We walked into the diner not expecting the sound of Blake Shelton's Winter Wonderland playing over the radio speakers.

There were three booths that were already occupied. One had a couple that looked to be in their fifties. The second had two muscular men that looked aggressive. The last had a fat man holding an unlit cigar.

"Doesn't look half bad," I said.

"This is my kind of place." Lawson nodded.

"Howdy, Yall," A waitress said. "How many will it be?"

"Just two, Missy." Lawson smiled.