Chapter 2

I feel the blood running down my head from the attack. I try to move but my hands are pulled back from the silver chains on tied to the wall. Glad that trained my body to not be weakened by silver, I use all my strength to break free.

I start walking to an exit to complete the mission but then I feel my wolf stirring up from excitement which distracts me. Out of nowhere, this man appears in front of me and holds me again the wall. When I touch his skin I feel warmth and comfort and sparks. He's my mate! I look up to see my mate is Alpha Jax, the evil man that kidnapped Scarlett. I try my hardest to squirm of out his hold praying this is not real.

He laughs evilly and lifts my head to look right into my eyes, "I am going to kill you, mate."

"I reject you as my mate", I spit back in his face still trying to fight him off.

He laughs evilly, "I gladly accept you rejection. You see, I have already found my ideal mate suited for an alpha", knowing he is speaking about Scarlett.

I look up at him with clear sadness on my face. I see him looking back at me with a distracted look. I use that split second to lift my knee and hit him hard in the dick. He grunts lowly and loosens his grip on me. I take this chance to push him off and run down the hallway. I feel my wolf weakening from the rejection so I pull out all my silver knives to use as my defense.

I am able to stab a man I see guarding the door just as he was about to attack me. I hear Alpha Jax's footsteps coming near me so I open the door and continue to run out. I step outside to find that I was kept in a small cabin in the middle of the forest which makes sense since it would have taken one day to travel to the pack house.

Just as I start to search for Scarlett, I feel someone grab me from behind and carry me farther away from the cabin. Before I could scream I can sense it is Liam who is carrying me since we have always worked so closely together. The more our wolves bond, the better we can sense each other.

Once we are deep into the forest, Liam places me down which is when Scarlett runs into my arms shaking in fear.

"I will explain later, we just have to keep moving"

I nod my head in agreement, thankful Liam was able to rescue Scarlett. We run in our human form for another hour to avoid leaving our wolf scents and paw prints throughout the forest.

Liam continues to guide us since he is the most skilled with direction. He leads us to a main highway road. I sense that on the other way of the highway belongs to the Silver Heart Pack. Alpha Sam told us they are expecting us but to always be cautious of entering someone else's land.  Before Liam continues further I grab his arm to stop him.

"Explain what happened"
Liam shakes his head in agreement and goes to sit against a tree. I guide Scarlett to do the same with me since we all feel the exhaustion from the travel.

"They had us both tied up agains the wall with silver chains. Once they saw I woke up they called Alpha Jax to start interrogating me. But when he walked in he just stared at you and starting shaking. It was really strange but he ordered all his pack members to not touch us until he returns. The guards looked confused after he left so I took advantage of that and broke free from the chains. I saw a door near us so I just had to attack one person and then sneak into the door which lead into a hallway. I was able to sense Scarlett in another room which was only guarded by one person so I attack him and then got her out of there. I was just going back to get you at the same time you were able to escape too"

I nod my head in understanding. I know the reason Alpha Jax acted strange was because he knew I was his mate but I was too ashamed to say it out loud. My heart was still hurting from the rejection.