Chapter 13

It has been 3 days since I heard I might see Nathan again.  I've been feeling extreme anxiety from my wolf which has kept me on edge.  I've also successfully avoided Adrian too afraid to get closer to him. I didn't fell right that Nathan will be here pretended not to be my mate while I want to be with another man.

One of our pack warriors found me yesterday telling me Adrian wanted to meet in his office. I know he must be livid I never showed up. Scarlet told me they were planning to show up tonight so I figured I would have to talk to Adrian before too make sure he behaves himself.

"Come in", I hear him say right after I knock on his office door. Taking a deep breath I enter his office already seeing him fuming in his chair.

His eyes narrow at me as I casually walk over and sit across from him.

"So I think we need some guidelines starting tonight" I begin to speak. I look up through my eyelashes to see Adrian still staring at me. He doesn't speak so I continue.

"We can't continue this thing between us while Alpha Zac's pack is around for obvious reasons. Actually I was thinking I would just avoid all interactions with visitors and stay in the pack house. Obviously I will just see scarlet separately and...."

I feel my body get picked up from the chair and slammed down on the nearby sofa mid-speech.

"Adrian what the hell!" I scream out from shock.

Before I could say another word I feel his lips on my. I moan into the kiss and run my hands through his hair missing his warmth.

"You drive me crazy", Adrian whispers into my ear while nibbling down my neck.

"I don't like when you ignore me" he continues to bit down on my neck while I moan softly.

"I will punish you soon" he growls out while move his hand to my ass and squeezing hard. I breath hard, suddenly overcome by my body's heat.

Adrian leaves one more heated kiss on my lips before standing both of us and going back to her desk.

"I know your nervous but I won't let anyone hurt you. Ever.", he calmly says while I'm still trying to recover from our intimate moment.

It's close to midnight when we hear the several cars approaching the house.  As soon as I spot Scarlet I run over an give me a long needed hug.  I was successfully with ignoring everyone else even thought I could feel Nathan who brought Julia with him. 

The problem was that I actually liked Julia.  I grabbed her and Scarlet over to the house they were staying at to catch up while the men went straight to business. 

For the next couple days I thought I deserved an award for my acting.  I didn't cringe every time Julia talk about their relationship and didn't flinch when Nathan can close to 10 feet near me. But I wanted to. My body was shaking inside from fear, rejection, and maybe a little disgust. 

I went to Adrian every night in secret.  He was surprised when I agreed to it but I made sure to sneak it so no one could suspect.   I needed the comfort in the arms of the man I love.  Yes, I those 2 days I fell in love.  Every time Scarlet would share a story of our past I noticed the twinkle in his eyes when he stares at me.   I know he timed every gathering to make sure Nathan was not around me.

He cared about me more than anyone else had and I finally noticed it those days.  I hated that it still felt wrong. We weren't mates and that scared me more than any other rejection I faced.   Alphas are the leaders of their pack which comes with extreme respect. Usually Lunas are welcomed with the same respect and admiration. But I didn't feel strong enough to survive his loss if his pack went against his choice of picking a Luna that was not blessed by the moon goddess for him.