Chapter 6

Once I land my lips on his I start realizing that this is my first kiss so I don't know what I'm doing. A quick moment after, I feel Nathan moves his lips against mine and his hands slide around my back.

I try to hold back my smile and follow his lead with the kiss. It feels amazing and I know my wolf is very happy right now. I lose track of time during the kiss but then I feel myself being slammed into a wall very roughly. I look up to see Nathan on the other side of the room shaking with anger.

My body feels extremely sore from the impact and I feel blood dripping down my head from hitting the wall too hard.

"Don't ever do that again" he growls out

"But you were kissing me back" I agree back weakly while I slowly try to stand up.

"That was a mistake.", he says while walking towards me. I cower in fear from his eyes that have turned black. He moves has hand around my neck and starts choking me against the wall. I start clawing at his arm in fear that he is going to snap my neck.

"Don't ever come near me again" he yells each word out while continuing to chock me. My eyes water from the pain but I try to nod my head in understanding. My wolf howls in pain our mate has given us.

Nathan lets go of my neck which makes me fall down on the floor. I quickly bring myself up wanting to get away from him as fast as possible. As I scramble to the door I turn around one last time to see Nathan starting at me with no emotions.

"I accept your rejection", I whisper while I feel the tears fall down my face. Once I close Nathan's door, I feel my body start to shut down from the overwhelming hurt. I quickly stumble outside to be alone in the forest.

I head to the pond which has become a comfort spot for me. I lay down on the cold floor feeling the effects of my second rejection. My wolf shrinks in fear and none of my injuries are healing.

I know my back is bruised and I have a cut on my head. I touch my neck to also find it very swollen and bruised. I start sobbing until I fall asleep in the forest.

I wake up feeling someone pick me up bridal style. I open my eyes fully and see that Adrian is the one who is carrying me.

"Adrian", I can barely whisper out because of my bruised neck.

"Keep sleeping Rylee. You need rest"

I nod my head and do as he says. I feel my wolf at peace knowing we full trust Adrian.

I wake up again on a bed this time. I look around not familiar with the room I am in. I find a glass of water and pain meds on the stand next to me which I gladly take.

When I lay back on the bed I remember that Adrian picked me up from the forest. When I look around the room again I do realize it does smell that Adrian too. I start crying again wondering when my life turned into a sad story.

I wipe my tears away harshly not wanting to cry over my pathetic mates any longer. I start to get up and clean my face which is when Adrian walks in.

"Rylee you need to be resting", he immediately comes to me and gently pushes me back on the bed.

"Adrian I'm fine." I laugh lightly while he pushes me down to rest.

He smiles at me and just shakes his head in disbelief.  He comes sits next to me but this time with a serious expression. 

"Who hurt you?", he questions me.

"I accepted the rejection from my second mate", I say quietly making sure I told spill any names.

He looks at me angrily, "If he's hurting you then I need to know who it is"