Chapter 5

More warriors have started traveling to the Silver Hearts pack to prepare for the war.

Adrian and I continue our private trainings every night which I was glad he agreed to. I found that our wolves have bonded so my wolf fights really well when around him. Adrian has also been really interested in the silver knife training. It was nice being able to show your skills off to an Alpha who appreciated them.

Nathan has been avoiding me all week as well but I formulated another plan to try to get closer to him. It still hurts my wolf every night knowing he doesn't want to be with us. I've been trying to research in the library on history books of what could happen when your second mate rejects you but no luck so far.

Alpha Zac asked to meet with me so I head to his office and see him and Nathan sitting across from him going through some paperwork. As soon as he sees me he starts packing up to leave. I give him a small smile as he walks away which he returns with nothing. Again, I feel that pain in my chest from the rejection.

"Rylee please have a seat", Alpha Zac says to me. I put Nathan in the back of my mind and go to sit in front of Alpha Zac.

"I asked you to come here to talk about the upcoming war. As you know, you are the key to know when Jax may arrive"

I cringe hearing Jax's name but I know what Zac is talking about. Unfortunate our wolves still have a faint mate bond so I may be able to sense him before others can.

I nod my head in understanding so Zac continues to speak.

"Good. We are relying on you to have that advantage. The most important task is to hide Scarlett once you sense him"

"I can do that Alpha Zac" I respond with confidence.

"Alpha Zac I also wanted to talk about moving out of your house and into the pack house."

He looks at me with a confused look so I continue speaking.

"I think Scarlett is holding back in your relationship so maybe if I remove myself she will be more willing to stay in your bedroom"

I see Zac's eyes light up with the idea so I know my idea worked. He agrees right away and starts to arrange a room for me in the pack house, which I also know is where Nathan stays.

I walk out of the office with a smile on my face. A few hours later I got the news that I have a room in the pack house. I head to the Alpha's house to find Scarlett in the kitchen making dinner.

"Hey Scarlett"
"Hey Rylee!" She screams and gives me a hug which I return back.

"So I have some news. I'm moving into the pack house"

She looks at me with a sad look on her face so I continue talking.

"I've been thinking about it and I think this is best for you and Zac to connect more. I mean you haven't let him mark you yet"

"Ugh I know I know. I've been holding back" Scarlett says quietly

"Scarlett it's okay to go slow. I just don't want to be the one holding you back."

Scarlett looks up to me with a smile and thanks me for pushing her to be closer to her mate. I stay to help her cook dinner and catch up on everything.

After I pack the few belongings I have, I head to the pack house to find the room I am sharing with two other girls. Thankfully they are friendly and willing to share the room with me.

Around 9pm I head to the forest and walk to the usual pond area to meet Adrian like I have done every night this week. A few moments like I see him walking towards me looking more tired than usual.