𝟶𝟷 - 𝙸𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝙲𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚑è

𝙸𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝙲𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚑è
______

Beep Beep Beep

My eyes spring open gently pulling my Auburn hair from my mouth, covered in spit. Ew. Why do I have to be such a slob when sleeping? It would be nice to wake up one day close to the same way I fell asleep. My hair falls down in ringlets along my back, tangled and half pulled into a bun. I groan glancing up at my bed 2 feet above me.

Again on the floor.

I'm surrounded by piles of blankets, and my pillows sprawled out across the dark hardwood , I hadn't even managed to sleep in my bed last night. I'm not surprised though. At least since I've moved I've managed to stay in my room.

Beep Beep Beep

I can never seem to keep all my bedding along with myself on my bed let alone the same spot. Some things you dont grow out of as children. When I was younger I slept walked so much my step dad had installed a railing attached to my bed frame, so I couldn't get up without running into it. It wasn't the best way in my opinion especially since the outcome was always the same; I'd run into the railing.

I sigh to myself, stretching my arms up wondering why I'm hearing constant beeping noises. Or where they're coming from.

Beep Beep Beep

I wrack my brain for a reason although it's hard to focus because of my throbbing headache. Probably from sleeping on the floor half the night. I mean I only set that stupid alarm clock for school which doesn't start until August 5th and it's..

Holy shit its August 5th.

I push myself off the floor throwing my bedding in heaps on top of my bed, tripping over my own feet I stumble towards my dresser. The clock reads 8:45. Shit school starts in 20 minutes. We just moved in last month so I could start fresh, and actually attend a school. I guess Im not quite used to it yet.

A pair of baggy blue jeans and a t-shirt i spent hours searching for at a hippie fest are thrown lazily across my dresser. Stripping off my holey Tshirt and boxers i toss them across the room quickly sliding into my clothes.

My old bedroom was a quarter of the size of this room. The walls no longer feel suffocating but it felt as if I had too much space now. I yet to have finished unpacking anything so there's enough boxes stacked to fill half of one of the  cream colored walls. I didn't pack much, not like I had much to pack. Most of my boxes are filled with books and old records I'd pick up at thrift stores back home. The remaining where just basic necessities. I'd unpack them eventually.

I decided it was ultimately too late to do anything special with my hair, so I sloppily braided my thick hair down to the middle of my back. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror when I shove on my shoes and can't help but grimace. I've never been too fond of my reflection.

I've never really considered myself, well what's the word? Pretty. But I don't think I'm necessarily ugly either just average. I'm well rounded in height and weight, which I suppose I could be worse off. I can't help but judge the girl in the mirror as stares back at me. I analyze the dark bags that line the underside of her eyes. The long fingers that brush over her cheeks flushed with red patches. I no longer wanted to watch the girl in my reflection I flip the mirror.

That's better.

Slinging my bag over my shoulder I creep down the silent halls stumbling down the stairs.

I've never lived in a house with stairs before. It just wasn't a common design in most houses back home. Walking up and down the stairs without busting my ass is a new trick I have yet to learn.