Plans for the Future

Being carried through the club and passing a lot of familiar faces welcome me back.  They know that my stay, this time is indefinite and most likely permanent.  I know a lot of these people are really unhappy right now, but it's not my fault.  Shooter sits me on a chair and props my leg up on a chair, making me comfortable as possible; three more weeks in this brace.  Grit comes into the kitchen, wrapping an arm around me, I've missed this old man.  Then the girls start passing through on their way to the backdoor, all of them giving me the evil eye.  Everyone else ignoring them.   I've had enough.

"HEY!! You stupid bitches! It's not my fault you got kicked out.  You couldn't keep your hands to yourself and sexually harassed a man that wanted nothing to do with you.  I will not take responsibility for your actions, so you can quit with eat shit looks you're giving me.  You're damn lucky he doesn't file charges against you, it is certainly within his legal rights to.  You are not irresistible, so don't force yourself on a man next time.  Now get the hell out of here."  

After they pick their jaws up off the floor, they all turn and speed walk to the back door.  My pops, who had just walked in, Grit and Shooter come out of shock and bust a gut laughing.  My pops walks over, kissing me on the head.

"So, not in a good mood this morning?"

"Pops, I'm not going to take shit for something they did and it's their own damn fault they got kicked out, not mine."

"I know, and if I had seen them looking at you, I would have planted my boot up their ass."

"Pops, when is my grandmother going to be coming here?"

"She'll be here soon after you get those cast off.  Any reason you'ld be wanting to know?"

"We were trying to decide about a wedding date.  Do you have any thoughts on that?"

"Reception here at the club?"

I look at Shooter and he nods his head.

"That's what we were thinking.  Wedding at the beach? And do you know a preist?"

"Beach is fine, and yes I know a preist.  Give me the date and time and I'll make sure ye have ye preist.  What about a dress and a cake, food, pictures?"

 "Geez! What is it with you men, wanting everything planed by this afternoon?  Give me five minutes and I should have an idea.  Better yet, get my laptop and a notebook and I can get a lot done before I even finish with breakfast."  Shooter heads back to the bedroom to get my laptop and Grit hands me a pen and a legal pad, as soon as I have my computer in front of me, I'm off and planning.

By the time Shooter sets my waffle down in front of me, along will a coffee refill, I have decided a date and time, that everyone can agree on, found several photographers and emailed to get pricing, made an appointment to look for a dress, and found a baker and sent an email to set up a time for tasting.

My girl has got to be the most efficient person of course, the OCD probably really helps.  I look over at her scrolling on her laptop and eating at the same time.  I watch her facial expressions and she does something and it makes her dimples show up even more.  This girl is smart, talented, and tough as anybody I ever served with.  Passing the list to tank, grab my phone and snap her picture without her knowing it and sending a text the wedding date to my buddies along with a photo of her.  I send my parents an email, letting them know the date.  I immediately start getting text back from my team, all telling me they will be there.  Tank wants me to see the progress being made on the barn today and to meet a few of the new prospects.  I kiss her and tell her I'll be back soon, leaving her with Grit.