Back in the Saddle

I wake up alone, again.  How much longer am I going to be by myself in the morning.  And I know I didn't go to bed naked and I didn't drink that much.  Looking at my phone, it's eight o'clock, and I text Shooter while I have my phone asking him where he is and why I'm naked.  I wait a few minutes and I don't hear anything from him, so I get up and get dressed, brushing my teeth and braiding my hair.  I go into the kitchen to see if there is any food and find some bread and coffee, but no creamer.  I jog downstairs and head to the kitchen to swipe some cream.  Grabbing a Solo cup, I pour a generous amount of cream in the cup and grab a piece of foil to use as a lid.  Turning around and head back to my apartment, I run into my pops and my brother in the hall.

"I'm not talking to either one of you.  I fairly pissed at you both."   I keep walking and out the backdoor and back to the barn and on up the stairs.  I pop some bread in the oven, since I can't lay my hands on a toaster this second, the coffee is done; I add cream and sit down to enjoy my first morning in my house.  Unfortunately, I'm alone.

I Hear talking in the hallway and I'm only a few steps behind Tank and Greaser.  I'm with Robot and Boomer, we had a preliminary meeting to start the process for them to join the club.  

"SHOOTER!  Why is me daughter pissed at me?"

"It has something to do with the decision to isolate her and basic let the people after her have access.  And Greaser forgot her doctor's appointment yesterday to remove her casts and she had to drive herself."

"Damn it!  Why did you tell her?"

"When I tracked her cellphone to find where she was and then tracked her down to the doctor's office and she drove off without speaking to me, I threw her over my shoulder and had to talk to her and explain to her why I was ignoring my fiancé one week before our wedding.  And now I have a date to plan and a trip to the jewelry store.  You two want to chip in, since it was partly your idea?"

Both of them look very embarrassed and start stammering.

"I'll call the florist and have some flowers sent to her.  Greaser, me boy, your on you're own, since you're the one who forgot how important the doctor's visit was yesterday."

Tank takes off to his office and I head back to our apartment, telling Boomer and Robot to meet me out front in a few minutes.  Jogging up the stairs, I walk in and find her sitting at the kitchen table, scrolling the internet on her laptop, while she finishes her coffee.   I walk over to her and kiss her on top of the head, as I squat down to her level so I can see her face.

"Baby, what are you doing today?"

"I told you, I'm going to work with my horse, set up my tack room the way I want it, nothing much."

"Are you hurting?"

"No, I'm good."

"Please be careful on your horse.  I've got some errands to run, then I'm going to come back and lay some clothes out for you."

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?"

"Nope."

"You wanna tell me why I woke up naked?"

"Nope."

"Ok then.  I have my final fitting tomorrow morning."

"Ok we'll get you there.  Please be careful."

"I will, everything just got put back together, I don't want to take a chance of falling apart again."

"I love you."  I tell her with a heated kiss, I have to pull away before it gets too heated.