11. Inconsiderate swine

Arlene:

I began to feel worried about Ali. He hadn't stopped by at the mage's camp and he would never fail do that! I hadn't heard from him in at least a week! We had been planning our wedding and today was the day. And when I say the day, I mean the day. Ali and I had found a kind priest that had agreed to marry us in the safety of his church where I would finally become Mrs Arlene Penteghast. Of course it was strange that only shortly after he proposed to me, we are getting married. But we had to do this soon, every moment counts.

The priest had asked someone he knew to sew and design my wedding dress and it was absolutely beautiful.

It was the traditional white with floral lace sleeves and a ribbon attached to the waist that matched the colour of my engagement and also wedding ring, a wonderful purple. The back of the dress was tied with ribbon into an impressively large bow, exposing areas of my back. It was so long that it took all my might to drag the long material behind me and the wedding veil was just as long. Although it was tiring, it was worth every stitch. After all, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. How many chances do you get to marry your enemy anyways?

Now I just had to locate the groom. It was easier said than done. First thing was first, I had to check the Templars camp! I snuck out of the mage's fortress, skipped through the forest, and approached the Templar camp's guard in worry.

"Hello, I'm here to see Master Alistair Penteghast," I stated as the guard looked at me as if he was thinking, who in Aaldin's name is she?

"Go on miss! Make it quick!" he said, pointing towards the tent to the left. I remembered running out of that tent once Alistair had found me and I had found him. Memories. I sigh longingly at the thought.

I sprint towards the opening of the tent and entered. Alistair was there, lying in his bed, huddled in the blanket.

"Alistair! There you are!" I chuckled as I flipped the blanket off him to reveal that he wasn't even dressed yet.

"What are you doing, Ali? You should be dressed already! The ceremony starts soon!" I stated, his back still facing me.

He turned around slowly.

"Hey, Arlene..." he answered bluntly.

"What are you doing, my love?"

"I'm so sorry, I...I'll get dressed now." He began to rise, however something seemed wrong, so I sat him back down again.

"Alistair, what's going on? Why have you woken up so late?"

"I've just been...thinking. That's all."

"Thinking about what?"

"Arlene, just...just promise me you will not be angry with me if I tell you what's going on," Ali begged.

What in the world was he talking about? What's going on? Why would I be angry? Why is he telling me now?"

"What do you me-"

Just then, someone burst through the entrance of the tent. A feminine voice sounded behind me and I whisked around to see who it could possibly be.

"Alistair! Your mother wants you to-", a random girl began.

"Oh! I didn't realise we had company! And you are...?" she asked.

"I could ask the same thing." I responded, automatically turning to glare at Alistair.

"Please, you first." She insisted.

"Arlene." I crudely replied, "You?"

"Hello, my name is Juli-"