Chapter 18: Yoongi

Taehyung was walking down the hallway when he heard screaming. Taehyung was on his rounds Seokjin so gratefully gave him to do. He had to go around the pack house and the grounds and write a report of at least five hundred words and give it to Jungkook. One think he was bad at was writing. He loved reading but writing was not his favorite.
Taehyung went nearer to the source of the sound.
"No! Namjoon! please don't" he heard the quite teary and frantic voice from the other side. He knew the man was in trouble. He didn't think twice before he barged in and saw a short man with dark hair, his back pressed to the wall. Another man, tall with brown hair falling into his narrow eyes, was standing in front of him with a huge lizard in his hand mocking the other, Taehyung was disgusted. The man was using the shorter guy's weakness against him. Taehyung pulled the victim away, hiding him behind his body. "What is your name?" He asked. The man was shaking, "Y-Yoongi" he stutters. Taehyung nods and says, "Yoongi, get out I'll handle him." He pushed Yoongi out of the door. "Who are you?" He asked. The man snorted, "your a worthless omega like that Yoongi. Why would I tell you Luna?" He mocked, emphasizing on the last word to make it sound menacing. Taehyung felt anger boil inside him. "Tell me before I let Jungkook deal with you." He tried to threaten.
"I'm Namjoon, Yoongi is, unfortunately, my mate." He sneered.
"He really is unfortunate." Taehyung says. Not wanting to stay in the same room with the man, he didn't want to do something he'd regret and make himself fall into trouble, so he backed out as glared at Namjoon.
Namjoon smirked and advanced towards Taehyung. When Taehyung started to walk past Namjoon who was now blocking his path to the door, he pulled Taehyung and pinned him to a wall.
"For a omega your really a pretty one. Let me take care of that pretty face of yours." He breaths and tried to steady a squirming Taehyung. Taehyung sees Jungkook not far with Yoongi. He kicks Namjoon's shin and runs towards them.
Namjoon snarled at the act but didn't proceed seeing the beta. He shut himself in the room, grumbling to himself.

"Yoongi are you hurt?" Taehyung asks trying to stay calm despite the adrenaline rush. Yoongi widened his eyes and nods. "Are you okay? Did he do anything?" Yoongi asked quietly. Taehyung gets confused, because they couldn't see the confrontation between Namjoon and himself.
"Can I talk to you?" He drags Yoongi with him to the grounds. Apologizing to Jungkook on his way, who gives them a concerned look but doesn't stop them. 
"How did you know Namjoon was trying to force himself on me?" Taehyung inquired with his eyebrows raised. Yoongi blushed and lowered his eyes. "It's my gift. I can see the persons past when I look at their eyes. But it's limited to ten minutes time prior." He explained. Yoongi was expecting Taehyung to laugh at him and make fun of him, but when he looked up he saw Taehyung smiling kindly at him.
"I understand. I have this friend who has a gift of perception. He's from my old pack." Taehyung says and Yoongi felt relieved that he wasn't the only one with a gift. Taehyung's looked deep in thought.
"We should work on your gift. You don't use it much do you?"
Yoongi shrugged and shook his head.
"Your ability can be used for the pack's benefit. We'll practice it, together. Do you know a place where we can?" Taehyung asks expectant. Yoongi smiles as he nods.
"Good! I won't tell anyone, okay?" Yoongi's smile widened and he teased, "can you read minds? because I was thinking the exact same thing!"
Taehyung shrugged, "I'm just good at understanding people. I'm filled with empathy!!" He puffs his chest and crossed his arms, looking funny, like a proud five year old who succeeded in helping his mother. Yoongi laughs and wipes invisible tears from his face.
"Thank you. For being there for me." Yoongi hugs him and Taehyung smiled while replying, "I'll be there for you. Anything happens with Namjoon, come and tell me okay?" Yoongi nods seriously and walks back to the pack house.
Jungkook comes to stand beside Taehyung after Yoongi leaves.
"You already sound like a Luna. Good job. Maybe Seokjin will consider making you a real Luna" he muses. Taehyung's snorts and yells "In your dreams!" As he walks back. Jungkook grins and waves at him before shifting into his wolf and running into the woods. Taehyung sighs and dreams about the day he'll be finally allowed to gofor a run ..