Chapter 37

Note: short chapter.

Naruto: and then I got this mission and I'm supposed to supervise you. Understand the story?
Jiraiya: nope.
Naruto: thought so. ( thought ) why am I having a headache?...
Jiraiya: ( scratch his head ) to think that the old man would let you be an Anbu...
Anko: I know right!!
Iruka: he was five years old!! And he let Naruto be an Anbu!!
Naruto: there was actually a reason for that...
Itachi: what reason?
Naruto:...

Flashback
Sarutobi: Naruto... You are a smart kid, so you know why I let you be an Anbu right?
Naruto: of course, uncle Saru! It is quite easy to understand that you are planning.
Sarutobi: ( pat his head ) tell me who did this to you.
Naruto: sorry uncle saru. I have no memory of that day. All I remember is I need to smile and act like I have emotion so that Mom and Dad won't be sad.
Sarutobi: ( sad smile ) you don't have to put on the act anymore...
Naruto: ( smile ) that's why I ask for a mask as my birthday present when I was four! It would be very tiring, Ya know? To have to smile all day when you don't even feel like smiling.
Sarutobi:... I'm sorry that I can't stop the villager and help you when danger is near.
Naruto: it's okay! Let them vent their anger at me, a monster, and be the perfect parents to their own child.
End of flashback.

Naruto:... I forgot why.
Kakashi: expected of Naruto... (thought) keeping everything to himself...
Naruto: I will take that as a compliment.
Jiraiya: ( sign ) if I knew that you were Fox, I could have avoided all those troublesome stuff...
Naruto: lucky me then. Since the troublesome stuff would have been throw to me instead.
Jiraiya: said by the person who doesn't believe in luck
Haha! You got dissed!!
Naruto: haha, very funny ( thought ) why do I feel like my headache is getting worse?...
Itachi: shall we speed up then?
Naruto: sure. Let's go full speed. Try to keep up with us, Ero sannin.
Jiraiya: don't look down on me, brat!

All of them were gone in the next second.

Chunin 1: they speed up! Hurry up you slowpokes
Chunin 2: why can't they ask the jonins or someone from the Anbu to do this.
Chunin 3: because Fox makes an order that the Anbu aren't supposed to do anything the civilian council asks them to do and all the jonin have work to do.
Chunin 2: we are running as fast as we could and I can't even see any one of them! I told you that we were too far behind!
Chunin 3: It looks like we can't continue with the mission... Not that I wanted to do the mission in the first place.
Chunin 1: those people in the civilian council think that they are some important people, so they can boss the shinobi around. Seriously, who gave them this thought?
Chunin 2: they don't even listen to their own leader. Setting up a civilian council might be the Hokages worst decision.

...

Three hours later.

Naruto: we can stop now, the three shinobi won't catch up with us anymore.
Jiraiya: ( stretch ) that was a good exercise.
Naruto: to think that you, an old man, is able to catch up with us.
Jiraiya: hey! I'm still quite young, okay?
Naruto: Looks like we need to increase our training.
Iruka: not again...
Anko: the training now is already hard enough!!
Kakashi: Jiraiya is one of the sannin, of course, he can catch up with us. Naruto, please be reasonable.
Jiraiya: ( thought ) exactly. To think that they can run at the same speed as me for such a long time... I'm almost out of breathing but they all seems to be fine...
Naruto: what about you, Itachi? Increase or remain?
Itachi: I'm okay with anything. You are the leader, so you make the choices.
Naruto: then we increase the training.
Anko: Itachi!! Why do you have to say that?! We could have avoided the increase if for once you were on our side!!
Itachi: honestly I don't want to increase the training when it's already this tiring...
Kakashi: ( sigh ) then don't say that you are okay with anything...
Itachi: But lately I felt that it's getting easier.
Iruka: because we got used to it... That's why...
Jiraiya: ( whisper to Naruto ) what kind of training did you give them?
Naruto: they just need to piggyback each other and run rounds.
Jiraiya: it's not that hard... How many rounds?
Naruto: if it's around the village, then 50 rounds for each person. The person running would be blindfold. So the person being piggyback has to say the direction. That's it.
Jiraiya: That's it? It's not that bad for them to complain so much.
Anko: ( heard him ) you can try it. After running 30 rounds around the village.
Kakashi: with 10kg weight on you
Iruka: and finish all those in one hour.
Jiraiya:... naruto! Can you be a little bit more humane and not do things like hell training?!
Naruto: sorry no. Since I'm a monster. Hell training is perfect for the monster.
Jiraiya: haha. Very funny. ( thought ) this kid got affected by the villagers more than I thought.
Naruto: let's just continue to walk until we go to the nearest town, shall we?

I just remember that I didn't explain anything about the Civilian council and what is it. Even though my explanation is... Still okay *cough* it is really bad *cough*

Minato and Sarutobi set up a civilian council so that the villagers can also play a part in the decision made for the village.

Koharu and Homura are in the council.

Danzo is still removed.

Fugaku Uchiha is the replacement of Danzo. ( it is one of Minato's plan to make the Uchiha clan more "friendly" )

The civilian council has a leader and three members.
The leader being Mebuki.

All three of the members has been wearing a mask as they were " scared that the shinobi would chase them down as they are powerless beings "

Shinobi's side: civilian's side
Koharu   : Mebuki
Homura       : Unknow
Fugaku       : Unknow
Sarutobi       : Unknow ( missing at the moment )

Each one of them has a vote, including the Hokage. So there wouldn't be any even votes.

The Civilian and Shinobi council are allowed to give assignments to the Shinobi as long as they fulfill the requirements.
1: One of the Hokages has given their consent.
2. It is something beneficial to the village.
3. The purpose of the assignment is not to harm the assigned shinobi's life.
4. They are not allowed to put in the personal grudge into the matter.
5. They didn't misuse their authority for their personal gain.

Apparently, the unknown who went missing has red hair. Hm. I wonder who could that be.