t e n

Don't tell me they actually came.

"Hey Y/n! Are you alright now?" Tanjiro was the first person to greet me.

"I'm perfectly fine." I said.

"We brought you some gifts, we heard that you were sick and-" Shinobu's sentence was interrupted by me.

"Thank you, I just need to think."

I was so worried about being hunted by the little ghost and didn't want to put anyone else in danger. Maybe he wasn't real after all. Or maybe...

"I think we should leave Y/n and let her be, sh-she's kinda moody." Kanao said. Rude, y'all my only friends...

Kanao?! Expressing emotions?! Okay let me stop being rude.

They put their gifts down on the kitchen table.

And the gang left except for Tanjiro.

"I want you to feel safe. I want you to be safe..." He paused. "I'll protect you no matter what, you know that right."

"Y-yes I know, thank you."

This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME! Whenever I'm around him, he makes me feel weird, makes me stutter and stuff, a complete wholesome girl, which I might not mind...or...

You just like him, don't worry, he'll confess sooner or later.

Nobody asked.

The boy put his right hand and placed it on my left cheek. Oh my- I could feel the love and warmth coming from him. Maybe I do have feelings for Tanjiro. No, not yet...

"Be honest wit me Y/n. Do you like me?"

Yes.

"No. You're silly." I said, removing his hand from my cheek.

"Hey, Tanjiro. Wanna come to the library with me tomorrow after school? I need help with my science homework." I asked trying to change the subject.

"Sure." He responded with lack of enthusiasm

Without even thinking I grabbed his cheeks and kissed him.

Shit, I don't even like him. I mean-

"I think I should be leaving now." Tanjiro said immediately getting up.

"T-Tanj-" Tanjiro left out of her house.

Son of a fucking biscuit eater.

tanjiro's pov
Did she really just kiss me? And did I really just leave? I wanted this, why did I leave?

"Too late now. I wonder what she'll think of me." I said out loud.

I looked at my phone and noticed that Y/n texted me four minutes ago.

Oh no. Four minutes is a long time...

Y/n😍✨👑🍯
looks like the human-ghost-demon didn't come after me.
even if I did,, I would have handled it
i'm a goddess 😌

me
Hey sorry for what happened earlier.

Y/n😍✨👑🍯
it's fine, it was an accident.

I wish it wasn't.

me
I was just flustered, your pink lips touching mine.

Too descriptive.

me
I know you want to go to bed, sorry for disturbing you.

your pov
UGHHHH! WHY IS HE MAKING THIS HARDER FOR ME! JUST CONFESS, CONFESS, CONFESS, CONFESS!

Maybe he just doesn't like you

You're probably right, I'm a mean jerk that has a soft heart.

Let me just sleep my pain away.

"Sister! Sister! Look what I made you in art class!" My brother yelled running up the stairs.

Can I get some sleep for once-"Hello my child." I said.

"I'm not your child, and I brought you a gift." B/n said.

He held a painting. It wasn't the neatest, but it was very pretty. It was me, him, our mother and our older sister who passed away, due to being eaten by a demon.

"Ah thanks B/n. It's pretty." He also gave me a box of poky sticks.

"Where's mom?" I continued.

"In the bathroom." He said. She came out of the bathroom.

"We should hang this up." I said as I continued to look at the painting. I then looked up at my mother, she had dry tears on her cheeks.

"C'mon, we're going to Oyakata-sama's house. Now."

"But it's late, I'm tired." I said, pouting.

"Sleep on the way, we need you to practice your breathing." My mom said.

"Yeah, sorry mother. I'm sleepy. Let's do it in two days, K? goodnight." I paused.

After, took my shower, and took my self to bed.