t w e n t y s i x

tanjiro's pov
There was a sudden knock on my door. "Who is it?" I asked.

"Open the damn door." I knew it was Y/n

"What's wrong? What happened? Are you two alright?" I asked many questions.

"Our mother turned into a demon, I couldn't—but I-I should have killed her. She's probably roaming around eating humans right now." Y/n said with a worried expression, comforting her little brother by drawing circles on his back.

"I don't know what to do Tanjiro...I—I...Is your mom here? I need to speak with her please."

"My mom-passed, a while ago." I said in the calmest way possible.

"Oh. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or your mother in any way I just need an adults words and wisdom I—" I interrupted her sentence with a kiss on the forehead.

"(Y/n)...I've been through this, it's going to be alright." I told her giving her a hug that lasted almost forever.

I went into the kitchen to give her brother a cup of tea. "Here you go." I said calmly to the eleven year old boy.

"T-thank you." He stuttered.

"Do you mind if we stay here tonight? Just for a while so I can get things straight." The usual uptight but now the frightened girl asked.

"As long as you need to Y/n." I responded. "I'll go prepare your bedding."

your pov
"We have to kill her eventually y'know." My brother scooted over to me and said.

"The sunlight will most likely kill her, I-I don't want to witness it." I told my brother.

"I set out futons for you two. It's ready whenever you are." Tanjiro said walking into the living room.

"Thank you." I thanked him as I pecked his cheek.

He whispered just the slightest in my ear, "You can sleep in my bed and I'll take the futon if you want."

"No. It's fine." I said waving her arms in the air.

After eating the dinner Tanjiro prepared for us all, I headed to his bedroom. "Do you have any pajamas for us Tanjiro?" My brother asked.

"You idiot! Of course he doesn't!" I said slapping my brother upside his head.

Tanjiro chuckled and handed my brother joggers and a fitting t-shirt. While giving me an oversized t-shirt and small shorts. They were probably Nezuko's

"Thanks."

My brother went into the bathroom to change. So I just changed in Tanjiro's room. I took off my shirt, that I had on from when I came from the field trip, a yellow pastel shirt and light blue jeans.

"Y/n..." Tanjiro mumbled.

"What?" I asked taking my jeans off, only leaving me in my bra and underwear.

"N-never mind!" He said blushing, turning to face the other way.

After we changed our clothes, Tanjiro checked up on Nezuko.

"Tanjiro... Im scared."

"Here. Let me hold you, you big baby!" He said teasingly.

"Your the baby!" I said attacking him, we both landing on the bed, me being on top of him.

"No you're the baby, baby!" He said sticking his tongue out adorably and squinted his nose.

I planted my lips onto his.

"Mmn! Y/-" He mumbled from the kiss. The kiss lasted for about eight seconds.

I pulled back and pecked his forehead. "You're irresistible, Tanjiro," I said as I got off of him and laid on futon. Tanjiro got up on his bed.

"Are you sure you don't want to sleep up here?" He asked.

"I said I'm fine." I told him. "Is Nezuko up? I want to say goodnight." I asked Tanjiro.

"No." He said plainly.

"Oh okay. Well goodnight B/n and Tanjiro. I love you both." I said smiling cheerfully.

"Goodnight Y/n." They both said.