Chapter 20✨

Toni P.O.V.

Janet paced the living room carpet, looking from me to Tamar and Robyn, who were sitting especially close to one another. They were whispering to each other and laughing, kissing on each other like we weren't even there. I wonder if Robyn knows how thirsty Tamar is for my wife.

Janet: No one is leaving this house until the truth comes out so we all might as well get comfortable!

Robyn: I'm ready to get back to my apartment with Tamar and fuck her like no one ever has before, so I'm just going to make this short and simple.

Robyn stopped herself short and looked at me like she was expecting me to interject, but I sat back and said nothing. I was interested in hearing what crazy new lies she could pull out of her ass this time. Not only that, but this was a test of Janet's trust in me. I wanted to see what my wife of 10 years was willing to believe about me.

Toni: The floor is yours for now. I'll talk when you're done. That's how a civilized conversation works. I know you and I never had those when we were together.

Robyn: Well you and Ms. Jackson are going to need to have a civilized conversation in a divorce court when I'm done spilling this tea.

Janet: Hurry up and say what you have to say, bitch!

Robyn: Ooo feisty, just like Toni. I have to admit that stung a little Ms. Jackson, but at least you never did to me what your lovely wife did.

Janet: What did she do?

Robyn: I'm sure she shared with you that we were together for a short period of time and I'm sure she said that during that time, I was an abusive drug addict. Am I correct?

Janet: Yes, but how do you know about the things my wife talked to me about?

Robyn: Tamar of course.

Janet directed her anger at Tamar who was smirking. It took everything in me not to step out of my character and bash her head through the coffee table.

Janet: What I talk about with my wife in this house stays in this house!

Tamar: Are you sure your wife will even be in this house when all of this is over? This is going to hurt you Janet, but you deserve to know the truth. We both do. You're not the only one she's been lying to.

I could feel Janet burning a hole through my head, but still I kept my mouth shut. If her love for me was as strong as I thought, I wouldn't have to say a word. If she loved me, she would speak up for me.

Robyn: I know she told you that she found me in the strip club and she hired me to be her background dancer. I know she told you that we fell in love-

Toni: That wasn't love. What I have with Janet and what I will continue to have with Janet when this mess is over is what you call love. You don't know shit about that.

Robyn: Anywho, I also know that she told you I was on drugs and I abused her. What she didn't tell you was that she was on drugs too and she made every moment of my life with her pure hell.

Janet: Toni what the hell is she talking about?! I want to hear the truth from your mouth, not this bitch's and not Tamar's! I promise you I will still love you unconditionally even if you tell me something I don't want to hear! I'm begging you baby, please look me in my eyes and tell me the truth!

She was on her knees, holding my hands with tears streaming down her face. I felt myself starting to break, but I wanted to be angry and just curse everybody out, including Janet. As much as she wanted to pretend like she believed me, I could tell by the look in her eyes that she didn't. At this point she trusted my ex more than she trusted me, her fucking wife! I pushed her away from me, making her stumble back. She stared up at me with wide eyes of shock as I got up and went for the door.

Toni: All three of you bitches can burn in hell! If you want to believe this bitch over me Janet then fine! When the real truth comes out, I don't want a sorry ass apology! You don't have to worry about sneaking around with Tamar behind my back anymore because I'm leaving and I'm not coming back! Oh and Robyn, I know you're in love with Tamar. You have love in your eyes for her the same way you once had for me. But I can tell you right now she isn't in love with you and she never will be. She wants my wife. And she can have her because I'm done.

Without even looking back, I walked out of the door and slammed it shut. My marriage was falling apart, but I wasn't going to fall apart myself trying to fix it for a woman who didn't even trust me. If we don't have trust, we don't have anything. Unexpectedly, she came running outside after me just as I had gotten into my car. Before I could lock the door, she got in on the passenger side.

Janet: You are not leaving me Toni Michelle Braxton!

Toni: I feel like I don't have a choice at this point! We obviously don't have trust so I don't have shit to stay for!

Janet: You have to understand the compromising position I'm in! You lied to me before and told me that Robyn never even existed, that I was the only woman you've ever been with!

Toni: You know what she put me through-

Janet: Do I? How can you expect me to believe you after everything we've been through?! I want to trust you so bad, but you don't make it easy Tone.

Toni: Well then I guess that's all that needs to be said. You and Tamar and Robyn can live happily ever after together when I'm gone. Now get out of my car because the way I'm feeling right now, I'll push your ass out and I won't think twice about it.

Janet: Toni please, I don't want to give up on us. You're all I have. Don't you think that what we have is worth fighting for?

Toni: I did before, but things change. We've spent 10 years together. Some time apart won't hurt.

I sat there waiting for her to get out of the car, but she just stayed there and cried. I couldn't take it anymore. I broke down, hitting the stirring wheel repeatedly as tears of rage and pain cascaded down my face uncontrollably.

Toni: DAMMIT JANET JUST GO! LEAVE! GET OUT! LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE! GO! I WANT TO BE ALONE! GO JANET! GET OUT!

She hesitated, searching for something in my eyes, but eventually she got out. Janet stood in the driveway with blood shot eyes, visibly trembling as I backed out. As I drove around aimlessly, I couldn't erase that image of Janet from my head. Not even the sound of the radio could distract me from my thoughts. I reached over for a second to pick up my phone and call Janet, but when I looked up, I was hit with the ear splitting sound of glass and my entire world faded to black.