Chapter 23✨

Janet P.O.V.

I pushed Tamar off of me, sitting up and staring at her. I had no idea the woman I had invited into my bed. I've been sleeping with a stranger.

Janet: T-that's Toni's phone. Why do you have her phone?

Tamar: When her car crashed I didn't have my phone with me, so I tried to call you from her phone. See?

She went to the call log and showed me the call made to my phone from Toni's phone. I felt tears coming to my eyes all over again.

Janet: I should've answered. Maybe then she would still be here.

Tamar: You can't blame yourself for this Janet. You were a good wife to her. You don't deserve this pain.

She tried to kiss me, but I dodged it. She sighed, looking off to the side as she began to rebutton her blouse.

Janet: I'm sorry if I disappointed you, but I just can't do this right now. It feels wrong. My wife just died and here I am trying to have sex with her sister. I should be alone right now, Tamar. Can you understand that?

Tamar: Yeah, I understand. I need time to grieve, too and I need to sort some things out with Robyn. She's back at her apartment waiting for me. She thinks I'm in love with her, but you're the only woman I could ever love Janet. I'll wait for you as long as I have to.

She kissed my forehead before gathering her things to leave. As she reached the threshold of the bedroom door, I realized she still had Toni's phone.

Janet: Can I have Toni's phone?

Tamar: Yeah, of course. It feels like I'm carrying a ghost with me. Take care of yourself until I can, J.

She tossed me the phone, leaving. I was surprised by how willing she was to just give it to me. I kept thinking about how Tamar tried to call me at the scene of the car crash. Maybe that was my last chance to ever hear Toni's sultry voice again. My wife died tonight and all I know about it is what Tamar told me. Something about this just doesn't feel right.

Tamar P.O.V.

Sure enough when I got back to Robyn's apartment, she was in the same spot in front of the fireplace, waiting for me in nothing but her skin.

Robyn: They just announced the death of Toni Braxton on the news. You really did it babe. That lying bitch got what she deserved. What does it say about me that I'm crazy in love with a cold blooded killer?

Tamar: You need to quit saying that.

Robyn: What? That I'm in love with you? I am. I thought you felt the same. What changed baby?

Tamar: I was never in love with you Robyn. I was in love with the fact that I could control you. I have no use for you anymore. You should find yourself a nice girl that's going to give you what you need, because I'm not interested in doing that.

Robyn: No, no you're going to love me! You're going to love me Tamar Braxton! After everything I've done for you, I deserve to be loved by you!

Tamar: Cover yourself up. You look desperate and it's not attractive.

I wrapped my jacket around her naked body. She stared at me with tears in her hazel eyes, looking like a puppy that had been kicked one too many times.

Robyn: Why are you doing this?

Tamar: I'm tired of watching you hurt yourself for me. I know how bad it hurts to love someone who doesn't love you back.

Robyn: B-but you do love me. The only reason you did all this is so we could b-be together forever.

Tamar: You silly little hoe. I did all this so I could be with Janet. But I do want to thank you for showing me such a good time. I would also like to pay you for your services. This should keep you off the pole for awhile.

I handed her a stack of cash, at least 5,000, but she simply looked at it in disgust and smacked it out of my hand.

Robyn: Keep your dirty ass money. I don't want that shit! I want you!

Tamar: Are you going to be a problem? Because you know exactly how I solve my problems. Now I suggest you take this money and lose my number.

Robyn: Fuck you Tamar!

Tamar: I'll have Janet for that, but thanks for the offer. You're very good at what you do Ms. Fenty, but Janet does it better.

I sat the money down on the counter and just as my fingers grasped the doorknob, she attacked me from behind, hitting me in my back with a fireplace poker. I winced in pain, doubling over. She grabbed a fist full of my hair and I quickly bounced back, turning around to punch her in the face. She fell to the floor, but she managed to trip me with the poker. I hit my head and my back on the floor, making me dizzy. The room started to spin as I stared up at the ceiling. She got on top of me and tried to rip off my clothes. We struggled on the floor, rolling around and getting a few hits in on each other. She punched me so hard that I blacked out. When I came to, Robyn was laying next to me on the floor. My eyes widened at the sight of the growing pool of blood that surrounded her. I screamed when I saw the fireplace poker impaled right through her chest. It wasn't possible that I could've done that? Could I?

Tamar: Robyn wake up! Wake up! Come on, you can't be dead!

???: Unfortunately, she is.

I recognized that voice. The haunting familiarity of it made my blood run cold. I was too afraid to turn around and look, but I knew who was standing there behind me.

Tamar: I'm dreaming. I blacked out and now I'm having a dream. This isn't real.

Toni: You're not dreaming any of this. I faked my death, but yours is going to be very real. When you see Robyn in hell, tell her I said hi.

A gun went off and I felt my heart stopping. I touched myself and I felt blood. I looked down and there was a bullet hole in my chest. I trembled, managing to stand to my feet. I looked Toni in her eyes and there was nothing in them. I reached out to touch her, but my entire body froze when she pointed the gun at my temple and fired.