Chapter 1

A young man is slumped against the bark of an old oak tree in a clearing. His breathing in small puffs as he dozes off from a long day of work. Lashes graze his cheeks and his mouth hangs open letting out quiet snores as the warm rays of the sun blanket over his sleeping form. Everything's quiet and peaceful.

"Aesop! Aesop wake up! They're going to find you sleeping here." A youthful-looking male shakes his friend's shoulder, he wore a dark green tunic which complements his forest-green eyes covered by the green hood he sewed to the tunic. His face is tanned and as smooth as flower petals like all other omegas minus the two scars at each side of his chapped lips as the result of a knife fight he had against an elite.

The young male lying against the bark of the old oak tree finally stirred in his sleep. His stormy gray eyes squinted as the bright rays of the sun hit him, his light gray hair tied in a ponytail and wore a dark gray tunic. Like his friend, his skin was smooth however two scars embed the sides of his soft pink lips. He raised a delicate but scarred hand to shield his eyes, these were the results of years and years of crafting and the occasional embalming of the dead.

He stood up with unsteady legs and stretched his limbs. He let out a loud yawn and dusted his clothes off before pulling a cloth hanging at his neck to cover his mouth.

"Naib? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to help Miss Violetta at the shop?"

Naib rolled his eyes, "That's what I'm here for idiot, she wants to see you."

"Let's go then."

The two young boys then head out into the forest to begin their trek back to the village. They live in what people called an omega village, a village inhabited only by omegas where they are kept hidden and isolated from any alphas or even betas that would hurt them. This is their haven and though they are not rich, they were happy there.

The village is surrounded by large, dense forests with tall trees that block the sunlight, making it impossible to find a way out even in broad daylight, and numerous different flowers and plants that help mask the scent of the omegas of the village, making it difficult for alphas or betas to track them down.

Only the villagers can cross the forest with the help of insight, given to them by the village seer, and so exiting the forest is just as easy as entering it. This makes the forest a last resort escape route if the village was ever attacked.

Aesop runs his hand down the bark of an oak tree, his eyes glow for a split second before they continue their trek. They're getting closer to home, Oletus Village, he can feel it.

They start hearing playful growls of the village pups, their coats camouflaging with the autumn leaves. Aesop smiles to himself before realizing that Naib is not by his side. A louder growl is heard in the forest followed by the sound of soft yelps.

Aesop turns around to see a dark brown wolf pinning down three pups, one sandy brown and the other two dark grey with black splotches on their coats. The larger brown wolf starts to messily lick the pups covering them with slobber.

"Stop! Uncle Naib, stop!" A small boy whines, his sandy blond hair messy and unkempt, and blue eyes bright with mischief, the brown tunic with a stripy pattern he wore now dirty with mud and dirt.

The twins, on the other hand, giggle uncontrollably, long black hair forming a halo above their heads, red dress somehow still clean and seemingly untouched. Naib turns back and hoists the trio up in his arms as if they weighed nothing.

Aesop approaches them and pats Robbie on the head, "Why are you three still playing out here? Your mothers must be very worried."

"We were gonna go back, Uncle Aesop," Aldith mumbled.