Chapter 14

*slightly sensitive chapter... Claude...*

Joseph carefully covers Aesop's naked and bruised body with his coat. He quickly puts on his clothes, tying the blood-coated sword onto his hip with a bloody strip of cloth, and gently lifts the unconscious omega in his arms. Hes so light. Joseph nuzzles his head into the omega's neck, inhaling the sweet, sweet scent. The heat. Its still there.

Shit

Joseph could feel his alpha growl in lust and want. The scent of an omega in heat threatening him to give in and mate Aesop. Fuck him till he gets pregnant with his pups. His alpha howls. Mate! Mate! Pups! Joseph growls, fighting against the primal urge. He's hurt him enough.

He grits his teeth as he trudges back to the carriages, his eyes glowing bloody-red as the alpha in him tries to claw its way out. Arriving at the white carriage, he rips the door open and carefully places Aesops body on to the soft cushioned seats immediately shutting the door. He barks at the bulky beta, Take him back to the manor and tell Mike to lock him in the room next to mine. Dont let anyone near.

Leo nods immediately takes off, the deliciously sweet scent going farther and farther away as the carriage rides off to the Moonlight Manor. Joseph gasps filling his lungs with the smoke-filled air, eyes turning back into their icy cold blue shade. His inner alpha finally calmed and his urges gone. He stumbles backward, back hitting a nearby tree and the sword around his waist clattering as it falls onto the ground. He slides down the tree and buries his head in his hands, what is he going to do now? How is he going to make up for his ruthless deeds let alone face the omega after all he has done to him? Would he still forgive him after all he has done? For once he feels... lost.

Joseph lets out a small giggle. So what if he doesnt forgive him? He burnt his village, killed his mothers, and raped him in his heat. Joseph throws his head back and laughs, tears flowing beneath the silver mask. What kind of alpha is he? A pathetic, sorry excuse of one, undeserving of the omega he hurt so badly. Yet he cant let go. Hes too selfish, isnt he? Pathetic. Joseph lets out another heart-wrenching cackle, the tears streaming faster, dripping down his chin and onto the ground. Pathetic!

Why

Why couldnt it be him who died all those years ago? Why couldnt his stupid idea backfired and killed him instead? Why couldnt it be him who got poisoned?

Claude Desaulniers was an omega born to the wealthy Desaulniers family. A pureblood omega born to noble alphas Alexandre and Julienne Desaulniers. A true shame and embarrassment to the family. They were desperate. Desperate to rid of the mistake that shouldnt have happened, but they couldnt. They couldnt kill the newborn pup with soft, milky skin and soft blue eyes that shimmer with warmth. So they raised him, just like a cattle waiting to be slaughtered.

Joseph remembers waking up that night, rain pouring from the darkness above as thunder and lightning strikes. The young alpha, barely 12 years of age, jumps from his slumber, the loud clashes of thunder startling him awake. Joseph walks out into the dimly lit hallways, wrapped snugly in his blanket as he looks for his mother, seeking warmth and comfort. Whispering from the study quickly grabs the young pups attention as he runs towards the room at the edge of the corridor. A smile on his face as he grabs the grabs handle when something he hears makes his blood run cold.

We have to kill him, Alex, the calm voice of his mother coming out muffled from within the walls of the study. Joseph leans onto the wooden door, ear pressed firmly against the smooth wood. Kill who?

I know, Julienne, but its too risky with the minister right on our tails. We might have to wait a couple more years. They are still not aware of Claudes secondary gender, itll be suspicious if we kill him now, His father sighs. Josephs breath hitches as his eyes widen, Claude? B-but why!? A strong feeling of hate blossoms within him. He thought they loved him like they loved Mary and himself. He thought they were a family. Joseph grits his teeth as angry tears stream down his face, he will not stand for this.