Extra 1: Jacknaib

Notes:

thread with c a u t i o n

Chapter Text

Naib lets out a loud sigh as he kicks another pebble. He lets out a loud yawn, stretching his tired limbs. Hes so tired.

He and Eli had been tasked to stand by the forests premises to stay on guard at the first signs of danger. Theyve been on the watch for the entire afternoon, his arms ache, he feels drained, he feels tired. But they know they have to do this, for the better of the rest of the villagers.

All of a sudden, Eli comes to an abrupt stop. Naib stares at him in confusion as the latter stares off into the distance. He follows Elis gaze, a distant light glows through the dense trees. F-Fire Fire!

Eli! You go warn Violetta and Yidhra! Ill warn the rest! Go! He shouts at the other omega as they both waste no time running towards the village.

Reaching the entrance, they quickly split up heading towards the houses. Naib makes his way to Helenas cottage first, running towards the beige painted cottage by the trees. He quickly kicks the door open, hearing the shattering of a teacup followed by a surprised yelp. Naib sets his eyes on the blind omega, immediately taking her hand.

The nobles are here. We have to leave right now, he tells her, his tone serious and stable, but an undeniable panic holds his heart in a clutch.

Helena nods as she follows Naibs lead wordlessly. Leaving her home behind along with it all the memories shes made. All of a sudden, she roughly tugs at Naibs hand. Naib! My cane!

Naib lets out a silent curse as he tries to head back to Helenas cottage only to see the orange embers burning through the forests behind her cottage. The flames engulfing the trees rapidly, the blazing red licking at the wood of the small beige cottage. The fire latching on, climbing up the walls, quickly engulfing the small cottage in a matter of seconds.

Naib could only stare uselessly as the fire destroys Helenas house, the blazing red reflected in his green eyes. A tug on his arm snaps him out of the trance as Helena looks at him in concern, oblivious to the flames destroying her home.

We have to leave, Helena, he says solemnly.

Helena only looks up to him with understanding eyes as they make their way towards Patricia and Fionas cottage. On the way there, they pass Tracys cottage, or whats left of it. The once sunny yellow cabin now reduced to just ashes. All of Tracys hard work and inventions she poured her heart into, all gone. Naib looks away from the rubble, unable to watch.

All of a sudden, Helena pulls them over to a nearby bush as she places a finger against his lips. A distant sound of two voices is getting closer to where they are. Naib listens closely, he hears the familiar sound of that blasted noble, his baritone voice talking with another female.

Such a pity, those two were able to escape. Their little tricks are truly marvelous, Jack hums.

Keep your eyes on the prize, Count, the womans voice comes out as an eerie giggle, I have yet to see my little Helena in this chaos.

So have I not seen my Naib, Blood Fan.

Jack stops abruptly, his senses picking up a familiar spicy and sweet scent, ginger and jasmine. Jack smirks. His kitten hasnt left the village yet. He sets his gaze at an unassuming bush, looking over to the other noble who seems to have a similar idea.

Naibs blood freezes as a pair of midnight black eyes meet his, a sinister grin blooming across his face. He grits his teeth as he takes Helenas shaking hand. He whispers, We need to run into the forest, okay? Whatever you do, dont stop. Just keep running. He watches as the noble takes large strides to their hiding spot. Now!