Chapter 4

The scent, Joseph continues to sniff at the bark of the tree. He wants it, no, he needs it. He's addicted to it, a drug he keeps wanting more and more of. The sweet and fragrant scent makes the alpha inside of him euphoric. Joseph needs to find the source, he needs to catch his little bird and keep him in a cage where he will never escape.

Joseph takes one last whiff of the delightful scent before changing into a large silver wolf with piercing icy blue eyes. A wave of possessiveness urges him to mark his territory. He rubs his big head against the bark, covering the omega's scent with his own, sandalwood and citrus. He marks the surrounding trees as well before changing back. With his mind focused on finding the owner, he walks back to the carriage.

Joseph climbs on to the carriage and with a growl, orders the coach to head to the Moonlight Manor. The coach, not wanting to upset the noble, cracks his whip and the carriage speeds off in the direction of the Moonlight Manor.

Back in the forest, a man named Jack Whistler, more widely known as the Count's Soiree, hears a loud crack of a whip followed by the sound of wooden wheels rushing off. He sighs, The Moonlight Gentleman must've been in such a rush to leave the owner of the carriage he's using behind.

Jack knows the coach would come back to pick him up after dropping off the Moonlight Gentleman at his manor, he would most likely be back in an hour or two.

Jack drags a hand down his mask and groans. That French bastard better have a good explanation for leaving without him. Deciding he'd have better things to do besides moping around, he walks over to inspect the carcasses. Two large bucks lie on top of each other, eyes wide open and lifeless.

Jack sees a bite mark that could only be created by a wolf on each of the deers' necks. That's odd, he doesn't expect to see wolves on unmarked lands. The only thing he could think off makes him cringe in disgust. Omega Villages. They are mostly found on unmarked lands to protect themselves from the unwanted attention of alphas and betas.

He groans, he hates omegas. That bitch of an omega he courted used him. Using her omega charms to get what she wants: money, power, sex, anything. Jack, being an oblivious clown, gave it to her only to find out she cheated on him, having sex with another alpha in his bed. Outraged, he killed, decapitated and gutted their bodies. Hung the corpses on the iron gate to let whoever passes see what the bitch known as Margaretha Zelle did to him.

Just as he was having his little fit, he smells something. A sweet and spicy scent, something of ginger and jasmine, a weird mix but it fits so perfectly for him. Jack hid behind a nearby tree and waits silently.

He could see something akin to a blue vortex appear on the bark of a tree. In front of it, he could see a small figure. And Jack, although promising himself not to ever fall for these vile creatures ever again, could feel his dead heartbeat.

The small figure was not anything like the omega he courted. Instead of large, innocent eyes, this omega's eyes were a sharp, piercing forest green. Instead of delicate features, the omega had a fit body. Jack could see the outline of lean muscles through the thin green tunic. The omega's skin is not flawless and smooth, but scarred with marks Jack recognizes as knife wounds all over his tanned arms and besides his lips, with some burn marks on his skin. He is far from the perfect omega alphas dream off, but he's perfect for Jack.

As the figure moved closer, Jack could smell the spicy-sweet scent getting stronger. The other didn't seem to notice his presence as he walked closer and closer to where Jack was hiding. Jack could see tufts of brown hair beneath the green hood that he was wearing, it looked soft. Jack really wants to run his fingers through the hair.

The omega stopped in front of the deer carcasses before bending down, perfectly sculpted ass raised in Jack's direction. Jack could feel blood rush down south to where his friend is. How he wanted to grab the omega by his hips and knot him right at the spot, where anyone and anything could catch them mating in the open.