Chapter 20

A-Aesop?

Aesop freezes as he sees the familiar figure of his beloved. His gorgeous silver hair has grown longer, still tied elegantly with a yellow ribbon. His body dressed in the elegant dark suit and face still covered by the fierce silver mask, yet those icy blue eyes he fell in love with look so tired. The guilt crushes Aesops heart at the sight of the alpha he left behind all these years.

Aesop opens his mouth but is quickly interrupted by the said alpha pulling him into an embrace, squeezing Cosette in between their bodies. The body that embraced him shakes like a leaf in the autumn wind as sobs wrack the nobles body. He could feel the uncontrollable tears wet his shoulders as the alpha holds him tight, the scent of citrus and sandalwood that he missed dearly filling up his senses.

A-Aesop, Mon Petit Oiseau, all these years all these treacherous years Joseph mumbles through his heart-wrenching sobs.

Moonlight Aesop gently whispers, his own tears flowing down his cheeks.

All these years All these painful years I couldnt hold you in my arms, I couldnt smell your fragrant scent, I couldnt see your beautiful face. All these years I was hell-bent searching and searching to no avail. All these years I lived in the heartache, Joseph looks up from the embrace, placing a shaking hand on Aesops tear-stained cheek. Finally, I can see you once again, He mutters out, voice quivering and tears still flowing from his icy blue eyes.

Moonlight I Aesop starts, his own voice coming out shaky from all the emotions coursing through his body. The happiness, the guilt, the sadness, the shock. Its overwhelming. His hold on the sleeping girl tightens as he lowers his gaze unable to meet the others eyes.

Joseph could feel his blood freeze. Is Aesop going to leave him? Is Aesop going to leave him alone again? He could feel the tears start to fall once more as fear and desperation overwhelms his emotions. Does Aesop not want him anymore? Joseph drops to his knees in front of the omega, hands clutching the grey fabric of Aesops suit. With one smooth movement, Joseph rips the silver mask concealing his face, the black ribbon that held the mask snapping easily.

Aesop stares in shock as the noble stares up at him, tears flowing from his icy blue eyes down the smooth, pale skin of his face. The desperation and fear in those blue eyes no longer hidden behind the silver mask as the noble clutches tightly onto his shirt.

Please A-Aesop, I know what Ive done to you, your pack, your village is beyond forgivable. I know Im not worthy of your forgiveness and I never will be, but let me be selfish. Please Aesop, please dont leave me again, the noble sobs, shoulders shaking. Please, I cant stand it. I cant stand the pain of living without you. So please, please. Just let me be selfish this once more and stay. Please dont leave me again, Mon Amour.

Aesop could feel his own tears fall once more from Josephs desperate pleas. Carefully, he unwraps an arm that held the small pup and uses it to gently caress the alphas face.

Joseph Im sorry I have put you through so much painIm sorry to have made you wait for so long, He gently says, wiping the tears from the nobles pale cheek. I already forgave you long ago I hope youll forgive me for making you wait this long.

Slowly, Joseph looks up at the omega, his tears coming to stop and his bright blue eyes widening.

You are not going to leave me? he asks meekly, unsure of what he is hearing is all real or just a fragment of his imagination.

No, never again, Aesop smiles wiping the stray tears off the nobles face.

Joseph smiles the brightest he has in years as he takes out something from beneath his coat. Then Aesop, he gets on to one knee, presenting the ruby dagger hes carried with him every day for three years, will you accept this courting gift and be my mate for the rest of our lives, Mon Amour?