#2 Non-corrupted!Nightmare x Reader

(Requested by Bunny_lover674)

^_________^

You sat on the grass under the shades of the Tree of Feelings provided. You smiled and sighed contently.

'This is life.', You thought to yourself and closed your eyes.

Just as you were about to drift off to a peaceful sleep, somebody pulled you back into reality by calling your name.

"(Y/N)!!"

You scowled and opened your right eye. You saw Dream and Nightmare coming towards you. You couldn't help but groan mentally.

"(Y/N), come play with us.", Dream said.

You sat up straight and looked directly at him. "Sorry Dream, but I really just want to take a nap right now.", You said apologetically.

Dream pouted his lips and whined, "But (Y/NNN)! You already had a nap a few hours ago."

You giggled. "I know, Dream, but I'm just really tired right now. Maybe later, 'kay?"

Dream opened his mouth to say something but Nightmare beat him to it.

"Uhh, I think we should just let (Y/N) get some sleep. She does look pretty tired.", Nightmare pointed out.

You looked at Nightmare with a look of gratitude.

"Fiiiinne.", Dream gave in. "But after you take your nap you will play with us."

You gave him a thumbs up. "You got it."

Dream then proceeded to run back to his playmates.

'Wow, he's like a little kid.'

"I know right?", Nightmare suddenly said.

You blinked and stared at him for a few moments before, "Ohhh. I forgot that you can read minds."

"Yep."

You glared at him. "I thought I told you not to read my mind."

"Sorry." He laughed. "I promise I won't do it again. Mind if I join you?"

"Only if you'll be quite and let me sleep."

"I will."

You smiled and patted the ground next to you, signalling him to sit. He happily obliged and sat down while you closed your eyes and leaned back on the tree.

◼️Nightmare's POV◼
She looks so beautiful. I wanted to tell her that she's perfect. I wanted to tell her thar she is the most gorgeous and most wonderful person I have ever met. I wanted to shout out at the top of my lungs and tell the world that I love her... But I can't. If I did all this things she might just end pushing me away.

I kept staring at her and smile to myself. I noticed that her breathing slowed down indicating that she had fallen asleep. Her body then slowly leaned to my direction. She just kept leaning and leaning until her head hit my shoulders.

I tensed up, not knowing what to do. I saw a smile on her face slowly creep up and that was enough to make me relax. If she's contented, then I'm contented.