Chapter 15

Skylar's POV

Not in a million years would I have thought I would be the one pointing the gun. I've never even shot one, let alone held one, but it didn't feel wrong until I had pointed it at him.

Unlike the movies, his hands aren't up, they're hanging loosely at his sides like this has already happened today. "Put it down, Skylar," he orders in a low demanding voice, but my grip only tightens.

"Why should I?" I testify with a small sniffle that probably makes me look weaker, but I don't care anymore; I have the gun.

"Because," he begins and starts walking circles around me. "I already used the bullets in it today. There's none left thanks to some of my now dead men."

My arm drops to my side in defeat and I examine the gun, hoping he's some how wrong. I pull back the trigger a few times, but nothing happens except the empty sound of the chamber. "Fuck you," I spit and chuck the gun across the room. "I hope your jet crashes and you feel the flames of it eat your skin until you're nothing but a carcass!" I scream and hammer my fist as hard as I can against his chest. He doesn't budge, instead he stands there looking down at me, getting angrier by the second.

"Stop," I hear him say as I continue to try and get him on the ground. Him blocking me with his arms only angers me more so I let out a shrill scream along with a swift kick to the sack that finally breaks his stone cold face. I watch in satisfaction as his face furrows together. Finally, a real fight.

Or so I thought...

Both of Andrei's hands latch on to my arms as tight as ever and for a split second, I feel my feet lift off the ground right before I'm thrown to it mercilessly. My head hits the floor first, of course, and I'm immediately given the worst pounding headache I've ever received. As I try to push myself back up, I tumble over again onto my back and see Andrei standing over me with his belt in hand. He latches onto the beginning of my ripped dress and pulls hard enough that I am too, pulled along.

"It's too bad," he sighs out as a black dot comes into view, then another and another. I blink to try and rid of them, but I only feel a warm liquid trickle down my forehead and down my cheek. "I was really hoping you'd keep up your good behaviour and I could eventually marry you, for the mafia, of course. But there wouldn't be an heir to worry about since I don't want one. This Mafia will die when I die."

The more he speaks, the less I hear. It could be that I'm too lost in my own thoughts or that the injury to my head is so bad that I'm dying and slowly going deaf some how. But maybe not, I'm not that lucky.

Just when I think this is all about to end, I feel the wrath of his belt come down hard onto my bareness. And again. Then again.

As I drift in and out of consciousness, I eventually see a different face staring down at me. Maxim; his blue eyes so sad as he looks over me.

"I want her bandaged up then put into a cell. I'll be back in a couple of weeks. I'm not done with her yet," is all I hear followed by the faint sound of a door slamming.

"M-maxim.." I groan and try reaching out to him but my arms drop from all the pain.

"Shhh, I know it hurts but I'm here to help, don't worry," He assures me as I feel his arms wrap around me and pull me to his chest. "Just close your eyes and everything will be fine."

I let out a faint, "Okay.." then let my eyes become heavy again. This day needs to end...

~

~

~

A week later...

Maxim's POV

It's been a week now. A week of waiting and watching for those beautiful eyes of hers to flutter open and gaze up at mine. I was suppose to put her in a cell once she was somewhat patched up, but since Andrei's not here, I've decided otherwise. I've seen the depths of that 'prison', and it's absolutely no place for someone in Skylar's condition or even just her alone.

As I begin to prepare her IV pain killers and antibiotics, I hear the stirring of sheets. I turn around and see Skylar; her face scrunched up in pain and discomfort.

"Maxim?" I hear her call out as she rubs the 'sleep' from her weary eyes.

"I'm here," I say rushing over to her side. I crouch down in front of her and grasp her hands in mine, smoothing my thumbs along the plains of her soft hands. Her beautiful face lights up at the sight of me for a moment, until the pain in her head strikes again and she's left groaning.

"I-it hurts," she whimpers bringing her hand to her head and begins rocking back and fourth.

"I know it does. Just hold still," I assure her as I extend her arm with the IV in it. She nods through the pain and I lay her back down. Grabbing the needle I just prepared, I place it into the tubing and push the medicine through it and into her bloodstream. "It will take a bit to really kick in, but it will help," I tell her as I run my hand from her forehead and into her golden, dark hair.

Reluctantly, she smiles. "We've got to stop meeting like this," she giggles as I continue to run my hand through her soft locks.

I chuckle softly. "You know.." I begin. "Andrei's going to be gone for awhile. We could um, hangout and get to know each other.."

"A date?" she questions and squints up at me.

I smile. "Yeah, a date would be amazing."

She reaches out for me and I take her hand again. "I've never been on one of those.." she explains as she interlaces our fingers. "I know we've pretty much just met, but I feel like I've known you forever.."

As she continues to express herself, I catch myself staring down at her pretty, pink, plump lips. They are only a shade or two lighter than her blushing cheeks, making me even more turned on by the second. Damn, this girl is an angel sent from God himself..

"Maxim?" She calls out, but I'm too distracted. "Did I scare you off? Because if I did I'm so-."Before she can finish her apology for practically admitting her love to me, I reply by silencing her with my own lips. At first, she's taken back, but after a few moments she gives in and wraps her arms around my neck, bringing me in closer. Fucking hell, I don't think I'm ever going to be able to stop now..

"You're better than dessert," I whisper against her lips and pull her onto my lap, being sure I don't hurt her. I feel her smile against mine as she runs her hands over my chest and down my abs; her touch sending tingles all over me.

As she continues to straddle me, her lips detach from mine just before I'm tempted to take it further. She brings her hand to my face and traces her finger over my jawline, admiring my every feature as I admire hers. "You're an amazing kisser," she says with a sly smile.

"Not bad yourself," I reply and move a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. She nestles her head into my palm with a smile so gorgeous I can feel my stomach start to do flips.

"I know this sounds sappy, but I'm really starting to believe this whole 'love at first sight' thing," she admits.

"Me too."

~

~

~

A/N:

Well, I hope that was okay.. I tried my best but I'm pretty sure that was an absolute shit show. lol.

Anyways...

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah or whatever you celebrate!

Expect a new chapter in the next couple of days! And if there isn't one, feel free to complain.

-The author of this book.