Chapter 45

Andrei's POV

Holding her calm sleeping body so close to mine, I am in absolute peace. Her shallow soft breaths against my neck is what put me into one of the best sleeps I've had in a long time last night. But when the buzzing of my work alarm went off I had to leave it all behind.

Or so I thought...

She lets out a soft groan against my bare skin as I reach for my alarm so I don't wake her anymore. Thankfully those blue eyes of hers stay shut and she nestles into me even more, making it that much harder to leave her alone all for some stupid work.

Carefully, I pull away from her and get out of bed in one swift motion. I look down at her naked body before leaving and remember perfectly what had happened last night.. A night I had always hoped that would happen since the day I knew I loved her and that she wasn't just "some maid" anymore.

I lean down and plant two kisses on her; one upon those amazing lips and the other on her bare belly that moves when I do so. I cover her up again with the silk sheet and duvet we shared and will hopefully be shar-ing.

Even though it was sex, I know that the passion we shared last night was more than just that. I'm not sure what, but something flicked inside me and now I know that I can never let this girl go; that she is mine and mine only.

I begin searching for my boxers and the rest of my clothes when I see that ten minutes have already passed and I may be late if I continue to stand here and admire my beautiful wife. With my clothes in hand I head into the washroom and hop under the hot guzzling shower, beginning to clean myself up. After my shower I brush my teeth, comb my mess of a mane and head back out into the bedroom.

Hopefully today won't be too long. I want to spend some more time with Skylar today and start planning for the baby, even though that should've been done awhile ago. She's due in two months so we don't have much time anymore.

Hell, I haven't even gotten a nursery set up yet!

Just as I'm about to leave for work I retrieve my wallet from my bedside table, but before I can leave, I notice within Skylar's scattered mess of clothes there is a note laying crumpled up in it.

What the hell? I swear to god if some guard is sending her love letters...

Quietly I retrieve the note from the jumble of clothing and unfold the paper. I notice that is addressed to Macy and Phillip and begin to read,

Dear Macy and Philip

If you have received this letter it means I have finally gotten away from Andrei and have left the compound for good. I am not proud of what I had to do to accomplish this, but it was for the safety of me, the baby and you two.

In time I will send another letter or form of communication to the both of you. This will be an escape plan.

I'm not quite sure how I will accomplish this, but I promise you I will get you out safe and sound. I have also put my earned money away into getting Macy treatment, so please keep hope.

For now I have planned to head back to the farm. I will get new papers and an identity so I can have a safe birth at the hospital and continue to plan the escape plan safer.

If everything goes wrong, just know I love you both like family and want you to be the grandparents of this baby. I'm sure you'd teach me to raise them better than I could ever do alone...

Stay safe!

Love, Sky.

"What the fuck?" I boom and skim over the letter once more before I shove it into my back pocket, nearly ruining it in the process.