Chapter 24

Skylar's POV

Day 8

The jingling of keys followed by a whining door is what wakes me up from my slumber. My eyes slowly open, the little bit of light in the room immediately making it unbearable to do so. I hear a metal tray being set on the ground as I continue to struggle opening my eyes.

Great... Breakfast.

Looking up, I see a guard standing through the doorway of a barred door. "Eat," he says then slams the door before I have the chance to say anything.

My stomach churns at the sight of what's in front of me: something cream coloured and mushy beside something stale-looking.

I sit up from my makeshift bed on the ground that's made up of old stained blankets that smell of piss and a small, old, throw pillow that smells no different. Giving off an obvious glare of disgust, I stand up and slowly drag myself towards the food. I'm hungry, but I'm not sure I'm THIS hungry.

"Boss says you need to eat," the guard outside what seems to be my cell, tells me as I stir and poke at my 'food'.

I've been locked down in this place for over a week now and I'm still not exactly sure where I am. I know that I'm back at the compound, but it's such an enormous place I can't even figure out what this place really is. But this guard is actually talking to me unlike the others before, maybe I can get some information out of him.

I breathe in the scent of the food and I instantly gag. "I'm not hungry." This food smells just as bad as the blankets on my bed.

The guard narrows his eyes at me, a scowl painted across his face. "EAT!" he yells as I try and push the food away from me. "And if you don't, your baby will die, then we'll hang you and leave your body to rot for eternity down here."

"Where even am I?" I change the subject as the guard turns away from me once again. I gesture towards the wall I've been using as a day-tracker by clawing in tallies. "It's been over a week now and no ones told me anything!"

The only thing I remember before waking up my first day in this gruesome place was Andrei watching me being dragged by Ivan, and another guard named, Alex through the foyer. My head hurt like hell and my vision was questionable, but I knew I saw Andrei and he almost looked guilty for what had happened.

I hear him chuckle. "Welcome to Hell, Sweetie," he says and I can tell he's smiling ear-to-ear just from his tone. "Bossman didn't think you deserved to be up on the main floor with him being there and all, considering you did kill two of his men. So he decided you'd fit best with with some of the worlds most dangerous people."

For a moment, I can practically feel my heart stop beating. Never would I have thought he kept people in his 'basement'. "Wh-who?" I ask, scared to hear the answer.

He pulls a chart off from the wall and looks down at it, a small smirk playing on his face. "Drug lords, rapists, serial killers, dethroned mafia kings... The list could go on and on, really."

"Oh," is all I can possibly say in this moment. I stare aimlessly down at my food, watching bugs within my cell begin to make their way over to it. Just eat it. Do it for your baby, Skylar.

Picking up the plastic fork, I scoop up a small pile of the mush and bring it towards my mouth slowly, trying not to inhale the scent in the process. With just one bite and a hesitant, slimy swallow, I'm suddenly letting my gut out over the entire meal.

I hear the guard sigh. "Tupaya suka," he chuckles as I heave again. "Guess you and your baby will starve then!"

Prick. I've had it with the treatment I get around this damn place. The two men I killed tried to kill ME first, I had no other choice. I had to protect my baby.

As he turns his back to yell at another prisoner across the cellblock, I pick my food up from the ground and chuck it at the barred door and feel the adrenaline rush through me as it covers him. "FUCK YOU!" I scream and shove the metal tray through the door too and it hits his bicep. "FUCK YOU, FUCK ALL THE GUARDS, AND FUCK ANDREI! I HOPE YOU BASTARDS ALL ROT IN HELL!" I continue to scream while the guard flicks the vomit and mush from his suit. This feels real fucking good!

The guard's face turns a bright, blood, red and the veins on his neck begin to pop out. He reaches for his keys and storms toward the door, probably cursing to himself in Russian. Before he can get in, I dash to the other end of the cell, fists clenched like a boxer. This doesn't feel very good anymore..

When he enters the cell, he throws himself at me, too angry to remember he's the one with weapons on him and I'm not. I'm thankfully quick enough to duck under his long, falleling arms, grab his ringlet of keys hanging from his belt, and bolt from the cell. I shut the door on him and listen to his cursing echo throughout the prison as I continue to run like hell. No Idea where I am going, but I'm going somewhere.

My energy is quick to run out, though, so I eventually slow down to a fast-paced walk. Considering how large this place is, I can't figure out why there's no guards anywhere.

"Hey. LADY!" a desperate voice calls out.

I stop my stride and spin around. There in another cell, is a sadistic looking man with platinum-dyed blonde hair, eyes such a light blue their nearly white, and a tall, stringy body.

The man points to my hand which is clutching the keys tightly. "Let me outta here and I'll show you a good time, baby." He grins and walks to the door, pressing himself against it. "Trust me," he whispers. "I know how to treat a woman."

He must of been a serial killer. Definitely fits the description of one. "Who are you?" I ask and take a step toward the man.

A sloppy grin takes over his face. "Dexton Rivers. You?"

Holding my posture strong, I say, "Skylar."

He frowns. "Just Skylar? No last name?" his eyes rake over my body, making me very uncomfortable. I can already tell he's thinking of things no sane person should think of.

I take a step back from the cell but he only presses himself up against the bars more, making his face go red from all the pressure.

"COME BACK!" His teeth are clenched so tightly together I almost can't understand him.

But when I'm about to start running again, my back presses up against someone much larger than me; they smell of vomit and expired food which makes my nose sting.

Suddenly my hair is engulfed in the guards hand and I'm pushed up against cell bars where Dexton still remains. Sharp pains erupt through my head as his grip tightens and I let out a shrill scream that anyone within a mile could hear.

"You see him?!" the guard barks into my ear.

Even though my eyes are closed, I nod. I'm not sure how much more I can take of this...

He rips the eyes which are tight in my grasp from me and dangles them beside Dexton and I. "This man killed over a hundred people. Many of them were women he raped before hand."

Dexton's eyes widen in anger. "SHUT UP! SHE'S MINE, DON'T LET HER THINK OTHERWISE." His hands fish through the bars and he runs his dirty hand over my face, tracing his fingers over my lips. "Ignore him. We will have so much fun," he tells me.

The guard smirks. "I'm sure you will." he unlocks the door in one quick motion and shoves me in so hard I stumble onto the concrete floor and gash my head.

"W-wait.." I groan with my hand reached out towards the door. But it's too late; the door is shut and I can hear the clicking of his footsteps over a giddy hum.