Chapter 17

Skylar's POV

As I attempt to wipe away my shaking hands, I hear a firm knock at the door.

"Open the door, Skylar," I hear Maxim call out.

Crap, he has the key for the door! "J-just a second," I call back as panic starts to set in. If he finds out, he'll tell Andrei and I'm screwed.

I scramble to my feet, nearly falling in the process, and hurry over to the sink. While I try to hide the test away in my short-pocketed outfit, the door knob starts to turn and I hear a key enter the lock.

When the door opens, I turn my back quick enough I feel the test resting in my back pocket fly out and hit the ground with silencing smack. My entire body goes numb when Maxim makes his way over to the test.

"What in the fu-" Is the last thing I hear before I realize I've ran out of the room and into the hallway. Never in my entire life have my legs carried me so fast, and that's considering the fact that's all I've been doing my entire life.

You run from the abusive foster homes.

You run from the government.

You run from men that try to rape you every night and day.

God, you run from your 'boyfriend' after finding out you're pregnant with another mans baby and you're still the weak little bitch that's lived through so much but yet lost everything.

My brain starts to think of what's going to happen. Will this baby be alright? Will I be alright? But that all ends when everything stops and I'm on the ground in pain from the impact I've just created between another human being and I.

"Ugh.." I groan out as I try to sit up but my entire body explodes in pain.

"What the fuck?"

All my pain instantly lessens when I hear his voice and my heart picks up to it's pervious beat again. Wow, could this get any worse?

"Get the hell up!" he yells and I can hear people- women whispering behind him. Before I even have the chance to gather myself, he violently pulls me to my weak legs and shoves me into the wall. The room goes silent when his fist hammers into the wall only centimetres from my face.

I swear, he must hear my heart hammering at this point.

He turns his back towards me and faces the women behind him. "Leave," he spits and they all oblige. When they've all left, he turns back towards me and says, "why the fuck are you out here?" he gestures around the hall.

"I-I don't know," I answer honestly and shut my eyes, too afraid to see his dreadfully handsome face become red with anger and hate.

He sucks in a loud, irritated breath and brings his face down to mine and I open my eyes the slightest bit. Even in moments like these, I can't help but admire how devilishly handsome he is; his jet-black hair messily out of place. His skin so smooth, yet rugged from the little amounts of stubble over his face. And his eyes so dark and dangerous I'm scared if I stare too long into them, I'll never be able to look away.

"You'd better fucking tell me why you're out here or I won't hesitate to throw you into that cell," he snarls with his grip, like a snake bite over my arms.

"I'm s-sorry," I cry out. The stinging of tears and fear all coming rushing back. "Please let go of me, it hurts."

He chuckles, his breath fanning against my neck. "Aww, did my absence make you weak?" His grip tightens more and I feel my hands sting from the pressure. I try to look away but he slams me into the wall again and a whimper escapes my lips. "ANSWER ME, SUKA!" he yells so loudly, veins trace over his neck and arms.