{9}

Mack's POV

"Get up. GET UP. MACK!"

I jumped up and looked around very alarmed. My eyes adjusted and I turned my focus towards Piper who was on the floor laughing.

I yawned and stretched my arms upwards. My shirt lifted up a bit and I noticed piper look away from me really fast.

"Hey why'd you thank me? Yesterday?" She questioned.

I scratched my head and yawned once again. "Because you helped me."

"How?" Piper asked folding her arms.

"I'on know. You just did." I answered.

I turned away and headed towards the locker room.

"That doesn't satisfy my question." She hollered from behind me.

"Sorry, kiddo. Can't do much." I motioned towards her with a smirk.

She walked straight at me and stopped inches away from me. "That hug wasn't necessary."

"Oh, lord..." I muttered. "Alright, listen. You just made me feel free from the chains of this war. Ok? That's it."

She cocked her head slightly to the side and lifted one of her eyebrows. "Really?"

I placed my hand on the locker room handle and turned. "Yeah."

She followed me inside and turned a corner to go to her bag. I grabbed my bag and changed into a white marbled Hollister shirt with a Hawaiian type flowery look on the text. I put on my pair of skinny jeans and put on my brown belt. I grabbed my jean jacket and flipped the collar.

Piper turned the corner as I put on my favorite Lacoste hat. I noticed her quickly look me up and down.

"Like the fit?" I asked.

She made eye contact with me and smirked. "You're bold."

I chuckled and grabbed my bag. I grabbed a handful of sunflower seeds and shoved them into my mouth.

"Geez. You have an addiction to those." Piper mentioned.

I peered over to her as we exited and spoke through the seeds. "At least it's not a nicotine addiction."

"Aye, tell that to the other people. I don't have any addictions." Piper said pretending to be offended.

I scoffed and pulled out my phone to call Mia. "What about your addiction to Queen."

"They're an amazing band! You can't blame me." She smiled.

I rolled my eyes and called Mia.

"Hey, me and...Piper are stuck at school. Come get us."

I heard Mia let out a gasp. "You? And Piper!? What happened? Tell me!!"

"Pick us up and I will." I answered.

"Fine, I'll get my dads key and get you guys out."

I hung up and turned to Piper. "She's getting her dads key and coming to get us."

"Her dads key? What's that going to do for us?" She asked.

I raised my eyebrows. "Her dad is the principal."

"Huh." Piper said turning around.

I looked over at her and saw as she took something out of her bag. "What's that?"

She peered over at me and sat on the floor. "A book."

"Whats it about?" I questioned again.

"It's about two girls. One questioning her sexuality, the other really gay."

I chuckled and looked away.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing, nothing. Go on." I said.

She gave me a questioning look then continued. "Then they fall in love and blah blah blah."

I nodded and backed away towards my bag. "Hey so where and how and when are we going to meet to discuss our parents rivalry?"

Piper looked to the side making her side profile visible. "My parents aren't going to be home until tomorrow. They are leaving at noon for a quick business trip. Just one day."

Damn. My side profile could never. Her jawline was like a knife and her nose had this button shape.

I noticed she was looking at me as I took in her facial features. It must have been a while because she cleared her throat. "Oh uh, cool. I'll tell my parents that I'll go to Mia's again tonight. Then we can talk about it."

"What, so like a sleepover?" Piper asked with a chuckle.

I shrugged. "I'on know. I guess not. I can leave lat-"

She came over and shoved me lightly. "I was joking chill." She laughed and smiled at me. "We can have a sleepover. But you're not sleeping in my bed. I know you get all the girls but I won't be one of them."

I turned slightly red and nervously laughed. "Hahaha ok."

She rolled her eyes and sat down on the floor. She stayed silent until my phone rang. "Who's that? Mia?"

I pulled my phone out and answered. "You here? K cool. See ya."

I nodded at Piper and grabbed my stuff. She grabbed her stuff and we headed towards the gym doors. I saw Mia at the front of the school unlocking the door. She got it and headed towards our gym door.

Click.

I pushed the door open and gave Mia a little bro fist pump. "You down for lunch?" I asked Mia.

Mia looked over at Piper. "Hey Piper. You should call Carson and come have lunch with us."

I looked at Mia and gave her a 'are you kidding me!?' look.

Piper came and stood a few inches away from me. "I'm good. I've got to go home and say bye to my parents before they leave for a trip."

Mia sighed. "Aw that's too bad. Next time maybe."

Piper nodded and we said bye before going to my Jeep. I turned to Piper before she walked away. "What time should I head over?"

Piper smiled and tapped her phone. "Any time."

I nodded and looked away. I couldn't tell if she was flirting or just giving me an answer. Maybe both.