{10}

Piper's POV

Holy shit. Mack....was HOT. Like, hot. Whenever she would smile or smirk or cross her arms or push her hair back I would just die inside. And her god damn jean jacket with her Hollister shirt and her jeans. Let's not forget her belt. I kind of watched her from around the corner tighten the belt and it was...intense. And Mack with her damn hats gets me every time.

If I'm honest I always thought she was hot. Always. But I denied it all he time. This time though...

Yeah I definitely had a crush on her. For sure.

I got an alert on my phone which took me out of my thoughts. I checked the name and my insides fluttered in excitement.

Mack: Are your parents gone?

Piper: Yeah. Come over whenever:)

Mack: Alright awesome. I'll be over in 15.

Piper: Great, see you then!

15 minutes. That's all I had to get ready! I ran to my closet and put on a Thrasher long sleeved crop top. I grabbed gray Champion sweat pants and brushed my teeth for a solid 5 minutes. Over and over. I then put on a chain necklace and a beanie. I also put on cozy socks just for fun.

Ding.

I sprinted to the door but slowed down about 10 feet away from the door so it seemed like I didn't care. I opened the door and smiled as soon as I saw Mack.

I saw Mack's eyes quickly flick from the top of me to the the bottom and then back to the top. She cleared her throat and looked past me for a second.

"Oh, come in." I said with a smile.

She took a step in and looked around. "Is there anywhere I can put my jacket?"

Even thought she wasn't facing me, I just nodded as I watched her jacket fall from her shoulders.

She looked back at me. "Are you sick?"

I blinked and looked at her, furrowing my eyebrows. "Hmm?"

"You're red. Are you feeling okay?" She mentioned with a concerned look on her face.

"Oh no, I'm fine. It's just hot in here, are you hot?" I asked nervously.

She chuckled and shook her head slightly. "Not really."

"Um, lets go to my room." I said motioning towards the stairs.

She put her jacket on a hook by the entrance then proceeded to follow me.

We entered and she looked around. "Nice lights."

I looked around too and smiled. "Yeah thanks. I got the LED lights for my birthday. I also really like to set the color to red."

"Yeah I like the vibe it gives. Nice touch to your room." She said smiling.

I sat on my bed and scooted back to the wall. I patted beside me and she hopped in next to me as if we'd sat on my bed a million times.

"What's your plan?" I asked.

"For our parents?" She gritted her teeth and sighed. "Maybe you can take your parents out to eat and I'll take mine out but when they get there we will be waiting at a table and then just lay it out to them?"

I looked at her surprised. "How'd you come up with it that fast? It's a genius plan!"

She gave a little bow and chuckled.

"I love how you just make yourself laugh." I said leaning forward and looking at her.

She made eye contact with me but quickly looked away and her smile fell from her face.

"Uh, I'm sorry, did I say something?" I asked.

"No, it's just...you saying that just made me think about how as a little kid my parents were never there for me so I ended up being lonely until I got to middle school." She looked back at me. Her brown eyes were blazing like dark amber stones.

She wiped her eyes and let out a small laugh. "Sorry that's stupid. I uh...I'm sorry."

I looked at her for a second then grabbed her hand. She inhaled sharply and looked at me.

I smiled and she smiled back. "Wanna watch TV?" I asked still grasping her hand.

She nodded. "You got Netflix? My favorite show is on there."

I smiled. "Yeah. The Office?"

She gave me a questioning look. "How'd you know?"

"I can see you TV from my window." I mentioned.

I removed my hand from hers to grab the remote, but I never made it there. She grabbed my hand and looked at me. I gulped and looked from our hands up to her. I intertwined our hands and pursed my lips as I grabbed the remote with my other hand.

"What's your favorite episode?" I asked in a whisper.

"I don't have one. But I really like Threat Level Midnight." She answered as well in a whisper.

I nodded and turned on the episode. We sat there silently with our hands together. Occasionally I'd look over at her, sometimes she'd look at me, but other times we made eye contact and both our faces would turn a shade of red.

The episode ended and showed the credits. "I'm tired." I whispered.

She took her empty hand and turned the volume down slightly. She then gently took my head in her hand and leaned me onto her shoulder. She brushed the hair out of my face and turned back to the TV to watch it.

My face was burning like hell. I looked up at her, not even caring if she saw I was blushing. She looked down at me and we just looked at each other for a few seconds. I turned back to the TV and felt her thumb rub my hand. I leaned onto her more and adjusted myself. The last thing I heard was The Offices theme song before falling asleep.