{17}

Mack's POV

I sat down on my bed. I had to go home so my parents wouldn't grow suspicious. But in 15 minutes I would head over to Pipers house.

Wow she's amazing. She has so much determination. And she's so strong. Her beauty radiates off her. Her lips are so soft, and when I kiss them my entire world lights up. When I wake up and she is beside me, I hold her closer. We have only been like this for a very very short time. But I have NEVER been happier. 

Now, not gonna lie here, whenever I would see her in the hallways, I couldn't help but get a bit excited. And when I would talk to her. Now, I didn't look forward to the teasing and messing. I looked forward to just talking to her. Hearing her voice.

I grabbed my phone, and just as I was about to call Piper, my phone rang. It was her. 

"Hey." I said as soon as I picked up.

She let off a small chuckle. "Hi."

I smiled and looked at my window. "I miss you."

She sighed. "I miss you too."

"Go to your window." I said.

"Alright." She responded. 

I saw the blinds open, revealing her. 

I smiled and walked up to my window. "You're pretty." 

Her breath was soft as she spoke. "You're better looking than me."

We stared at each other for a few moments, just smiling.

I broke the silence. "I'm not. You're stunning."

I heard her breath waver. "Come here and hold me."

My hand wrapped around the phone tighter. "On my way. Unlock your door."

She nodded and hung up.

I rushed out my bedroom door and trampled down the stairs. I pulled the door and walked out. As the door closed behind me, I felt my pace quicken. My feet carried me to the front door of her house. I heard the click of the lock being unlocked. She opened the door for me, grabbed my hand and brought me in. I tapped my hand on the edge of the door, closing it. We walked up the stairs, hand in hand. I felt a smile overtake my face. As we entered her room, she looked me in the eyes. 

"You're smiling." She noted.

I felt redness rush to my face. "I'm happy."

She smiled at me. She grazed my cheek with her thumb and kissed me. "I'm happy too."

I probably looked like a fucking idiot. I looked down at the floor. My face was flushed with red, my grin so wide I felt like it was stretching all the way across my face. Her hand went under my chin and tilted it up to meet her gaze.

"Don't look away from me, Mack Adler." She chuckled.

I felt my heart flutter when she said my name like that. "S-sorry."

Her hand moved to my jawline as she leaned in for one more kiss. I felt every muscle in my body tense. Her touch made me feel so special. I belonged to her. She belonged to me. I was officially helplessly in love with my worst enemy.

"Now, hold me." She whispered through our kiss.

I wrapped my arms around her body and swayed back and forth. "Wait."

She gave me a puzzled look as I reached for my phone. I put on a playlist I had made in 8th grade after coming to terms with my attraction towards Piper. It was titled, '1950's Love Songs' and it has over 500 songs on it. I have slowly added to it through the years. I pressed play. I shifted my weight back over to her and I smiled down at her.

"Classy of you, Adler. Put Your Head On My Shoulder? Great song." She spoke while wrapping her hands around my neck and swaying with me.

I pulled her closer, feeling her warmth overtake me. "Do what the song is titled." I whispered.

She leaned against my body, laying her head onto my shoulder. "Yes ma'am." She whispered back.

I felt my heart skip a few beats. We stood in her room, sunlight pouring in, us alone. The music was flooding around us, and we both swayed to it. I had never felt so wanted. Never felt so needed. I closed my eyes, breathing softly against her hair. Not a single word was exchanged between us for some time. We were savoring the moment. It was so special. This was a turning point in our relationship. This was when I realized what I really wanted from my girlfriend. I wanted someone I could hold, and love, and spoil, and dance with. Dance with under the stars. Dance with in an empty parking lot while the speakers played this playlist. Dance with in a street with the lights brighting up the surrounding area. I wanted to come up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist and give her little neck kisses while she made me her pancakes. My heart was pounding at the thought of us. As a couple. When the day came that we were free to show off our relationship, I would use it to my advantage every single day of my life.

"Mack." She spoke into my neck.

My eyes stayed closed as I responded. "Hm?"

I heard her sniffle, my eyes shooting open. She was crying. "I really do love you."

My head lifted up as I looked at her. My hand came up to her face, wiping a tear off. "Hey, what's wrong?"

She gave a little laugh and pressed her cheek against my hand. "This is so relieving. Knowing you and I aren't against each other anymore."

I kissed her once. Just then, I realized what she had said to me. "Wait. You-You love me?"

She widened her eyes as red creeped up her neck. "I-I was just thinking out loud. I'm sorry! I know it's so soon! And I didn't mean-"

I cut her off with a kiss. She was surprised at first, but eventually relaxed. I broke the kiss and leaned back to examine her. When we made eye contact again, I couldn't resist. "It is soon. But, yeah. I love you too."