Chapter 9 Yao Lao

"Alchemist?"

Hearing the elder's words, Xiao Yan paused before continuing: "In the Dou Qi mainland, everyone wants to become an Alchemist, but is it that easy to become an alchemist? There are so many harsh requirements..." Suddenly, Xiao Yan's voice fell and he raised his head: "I MET THE REQUIREMENTS?"

Enjoying the shocked yet excited expression that Xiao Yan showed, the elder stroked his beard slowly. After looking over Xiao Yan for a few more seconds, he finally said with some helplessness: "Even though you barely make the cut, I owe you a favor. Hah, whatever, I'll let this count as the favor returned..."

Looking at the reluctant elder, Xiao Yan thought that the geezer was lying about him barely making the cut, but he was too lazy to probe further. Despite his excitement, he still had his suspicions. "Even if I make the cut, alchemists are taught by other alchemists. Are you an alchemist?"

Looking at the suspicious little face of Xiao Yan, the elder straightened and with pride he said, "Yup, I'm an alchemist!"

Blinking his eyes, Xiao Yan's gaze at the elder became bright. Alchemists, those are really rare...

"Mister, if you don't mind me asking, what rank alchemist were you before?" Xiao Yan licked his lips and his young voice was infused with a hint of respect.

In Dou Qi mainland, even though alchemists were very rare, there were still differences between alchemists. From low to high, the stages for alchemists range from the lowest, 1, to the highest, 9. The Pill King Gu He that made the Gathering Qi Powder that Nalan Yanran offered was a sixth stage alchemist and within the Jia Ma Empire, he could be considered to be the top alchemist!

"What stage? Hehe, I don't remember ... . Hey, kid, do you want to learn it or not?" the elder impatiently asked while shaking his head.

gravitytranslations.com

"Of course, I want to!"

Xiao Yan didn't hesitate anymore and hurriedly nodded with his small head. Alchemists, even with forces as powerful as Faction of Misty Clouds, were treated with respect and deference.

"Hehe, you want to? Since you want to, then you should pay your respects to your teachers." The elder sat on a green rock and coiled his legs beneath himself.

"I need to pay my respects to my teacher?"

"Ridiculous! To not pay your respects and still expect me to teach you all that I know? You're dreaming!" The elder rolled his eyes, looks like the pedantic elder really cared about these student-teacher relationships.

Helpless with a dour face, Xiao Yan could only respectfully pay his respects to the elder to become an honorable alchemist.

After watching Xiao Yan finish paying his respects, the elder finally nodded his head, satisfied. In his voice, a hint of intimacy appeared: "My name is Yao Lao. As for my origin, you don't need to know for now so that you don't get distracted. All you need to know is that the Pill King is ... only trash in my eyes."

The edges of his mouth twitching, Xiao Yan watched the elder's carefree expression and thought: What is this geezer? The famous Pill King Gu He in Jia Ma Empire is only trash? If this spreads then the whole of Jia Ma would probably assume that he's mentally ill.

Lightly taking in a breath and pushing down his shock, Xiao Yan's eyes darted around and with some droll he asked: "Umm teacher, how will you help me to get to 7 Duan Qi within one year?"

"Even though for the past three years your Dou Qi has always been declining, your foundation in Dou Qi is much firmer than other people. In Dou Qi training, the foundation is the most important! Later, you'll be able to discover how many benefits these three years have brought you!" Yao Lao's smile slowly disappeared and he took on a more serious expression.