Chapter 79: Counter-Attack by the Xiao Clan

After receiving the secret aid of Xiao Yan in the form of the large quantity of healing medication, though the Xiao Clan did not publicize this news, they had already secretly started to prepare for their counter-attack against the Jia Lie Clan.

The events that occurred in the clan hall were kept a secret by Xiao Zhan and the three elders; everything regarding the healing medicine had been classified as the highest scale of prohibition. None of the clan members could mention this to the outsiders; if any one were to leak information, that person shall be punished according to the clan's rule.

Along with the silence of the Xiao family, the behavior of the Jia Lie clan became more and more arrogant, using all kinds of tricks and enticements without restraint to pull away all the customers of the Xiao family's market.

Even with this, the Xiao Clan remained silent.

Seeing the Xiao family watching in silence, some of the small forces allied with them became disappointed and also started to secretly prepared to move to protect themselves.

With an atmosphere a little bit stranger than normal, two days' time quietly passed.

It was another day of radiant and enchanting sunny weather while Jia Lie clan's market was as hot and crowded like always. On the main street, people's head were flowing like water. On the "Return of Spring Powder" stall, there was an even larger crowd of people; the sound of shouting, scolding, and scuffles all gathered in one place. The deafening voices pierced through the clouds.

Behind the brown medicine counter, a medicine salesman of the Jia Lie clan was watching the arguing mercenaries fighting over the medicine. The smile on his face had a prideful look, knowing he had an advantage by being the only supplier of the medicine.

Jia Lie Ku was a core member of the Jia Lie clan and was in charge of Jia Lie's clan most popular market.

Standing on the second floor of the reception hall, Jia Lie Ku looked down from high above upon the big streets of crowded people; his fat and oily face was filled with a complacent smile.

During this period of time, "Return of Spring Powder" had sold far more than Jia Lie clan's initial estimates. Under the huge temptation of benefits, the Jia Lie clan was no longer satisfied as they moved the price from 100 gold to 300 gold,

Initially the many mercenaries were disgusted by the price increase, however there was no other supplier for the "Return of Spring Powder", thus they could only make a din and complain for a while before grudgingly accepting the reality of getting cheated.

Jia Lie Ku lightly hummed a small tune as his eyes pulled into a line and happily said: "Even if you don't buy, other people will still buy......"

Jia Lie Ku extended his short and fat hand to block the rays of the sun, unable to endure it in front of the warehouse. He wiped the sweat off his forehead as he grumbled: "Damn, it's way too hot today, looks like I'll have to release some of my 'hot spunk' tonight to cool off. Tch tch, the young girl from last time was so refreshing and lively." As he recalled the ecstasy of that forbidden place, Jia Lie Ku was filled with an unbearably impatience, yet again wiping his sweat. Then his brows suddenly wrinkled up at the sight of a disturbance at the entrance.

"Damnit, fighting again? These mercenaries are all brawn and no brain, do they not know that it costs money to fix the things they break?" As Jie Lie Ku gazed at the disturbance, he could not help but curse in irritation.

"The Xiao Clan marketplace has also started selling healing medication!!"

Just when Jia Lie Ku was preparing to send guards to settle the disturbance, a loud shout was suddenly heard from the main street.