Chapter 71: Circumstances of the Xiao Clan

After sitting for nearly an hour, a pretty maid finally walked in. Her two hands carried a silver tray, and in the center of the tray was a faint red ring.

Taking the silver tray and sending back the maid, Ya Fei personally handed over the goods to Xiao Yan and smilingly said: "Old Sir, the cauldron as well as all the alchemic ingredients you need are all in the 'Storage Ring'".

Extending a hand to pick up the storage ring, Xiao Yan let it roll about in his palm then faintly nodded. Yao Lao's voice also sounded out at just the right time: "Okay. After refining the Qi Gathering Pill, I will bring it to you."

Ya Fei's pretty eyes were filled with delight as shei hastily nodded.

"Alright, there's no need for you to send me out. I'll go out by myself."

Waving his hand, Xiao Yan took the ring and slid it onto his finger. Then, without even turning back, he headed towards the back of the parlor and went out. On the table, the blue jade card was still there as he did not want to owe the people too much. Thus, he had just left it there.

Staring at the receding figure leaving through the door, Ya Fei nibbled her red lips, then stepped forward to take the blue jade card into her hand. Musing a bit, she asked in a clear voice: "Uncle Gu Ni, to refine a Qi Gathering Pill, the success rate is not that high right?"

"Yes. It's said that even Pill King Wang Gu He's success rate for refining Qi Gathering Pills is only around 7 out of 10. For normal fourth tier alchemists, the success rate is only around 5 out of 10," Gu Ni said in a low voice.

"But this old sir, he succeeds in refining on the first try......" Ya Fei said as she knitted her thin black brows.

"Who knows, maybe his luck is good......" Gu Ni shook his head and didn't care too much about the matter. After all, for alchemists, luck was a big factor in successfully refining pills. If one's luck was good, even when continuously refining several times, one would not fail.

"Could it be...... that he's not just a fourth tier alchemist?" Ya Fei asked with hesitation after pondering a bit.

"Haha, how is that possible. The number of fifth tier alchemists in Jia Ma Empire can be counted on one's hands. At that sort of status, even if it was the empire or great forces like the Misty Cloud Faction, they would all view this person as a VIP. Why would such a person come to our own auction house to auction pills." Gu Ni laughed.

At this, Ya Fei also slightly nodded her head and let out a sigh, bitterly laughing: "It seems that I don't have enough experience. I'm afraid that my previous hesitation negatively impacted this mysterious alchemist's favorable impression of us by a large amount."

"You can't blame yourself for this. That kind of huge transaction, even I wouldn't dare to answer easily. That you are capable to this extent is already very good. In regards to our relations with that alchemist, in the future, just take your time and get along amiably. As long as he does not develop any sort of ill will towards us then it's fine." Gu Ni said comfortingly.

Forcing a smile to her face as she nodded, Ya Fei sat lethargically on the chair, revealing her figure. As her lovely eyes blinked, having some doubts, she softly asked: "What does he intend to do with so many low-grade medicine ingredients?"

"Those medicine ingredients have the effect of stopping bleeding and strengthening bones. I think he should be planning to manufacture healing medicine." Gu Ni muttered as his eyebrows pursed together. Similarly puzzled he said: "But with his status, why would he manufacture these cheaply-priced healing medicine?"

Hearing this, Ya Fe's beautiful eyes slightly narrowed, her long fingernails lightly tapped on the table. A moment later, realization dawned upon her, she softly said: "Looks like this old sir seems to be very caring towards the Xiao Clan......"