Chapter 80: Alchemist Liu Xi

The atmosphere in the brightly lit hall felt stifling and oppressive.

In the middle of the hall stood a table and at it's center rested a small green jade bottle. From that bottle, a faint medicine smell emanated.

Many people were seated within the hall. From their attire, it was evident that they were the many upper echelons of the Jia Lie Clan; Jia Lie Ku was also seated among them.

In the hall, on the leftmost side, reclined a white clad youth lazily against the back of a chair. In truth, the youth would have looked rather charming, if it weren't for the lust filled look frequently flashing across his eyes, degrading his image. While he reclined, one of his hands could be seen slowly burrowing into the clothes of the pretty maid beside him. Even though there were so many people around him, no one seemed to care about such an unbridled action.

The pretty maid's cheeks slightly paled with the youth's vulgar act, but she did not even make a sound. But it was clear that a trembling, restrained look was brewing in her eyes as her tender body continuously shuddered.

"This is the 'Blood Clotting Medicine' that the Xiao Clan suddenly came up with and now, our popularity in the markets has already begun to plummet." Jia Lie Bi gazed upon the small green bottle on the table with a gloomy face, acting as if he did not see any of the youth in white's rude actions.

"How could the Xiao Clan have healing medication? Could it be that they have also managed to get an Alchemist?" Jia Lie Ao, who often clashed with Xiao Yan, cast a glance at the man in white besides him before frowning and asking.

Jia Lie Bi squinted his old wrinkled eyes, an ugly expression on his face: "Does anyone remember the mysterious alchemist we met at the auction house? At that time, he seemed to favor the Xiao Clan. If this 'Blood Clotting Medicine' is refined by him, then we are in big trouble. As you all may know, that person could be a third tier alchemist."

Hearing the term third tier alchemist, the white clothed youth finally stopped the hand that was roving about the maid's body reluctantly. He stepped forward and picked up the small green bottle to take a small whiff before pouring out a little of the contents and lightly rubbing it between his fingers. With a sneer, he concluded: "A third tier alchemist? Bull. This Blood Clotting Medicine is indeed more effective than the Return of Spring Powder but based on it's quality, the person who refined it is obviously of a lower tier than me. The greater effectiveness of the medicine is due to the unique recipe."

At this information, everyone seated inwardly let out a sigh of relief. If the Xiao Clan had really obtained the help of a third tier alchemist then the Jia Lie Clan would have probably been doomed.

"From my experience, it is highly likely that the alchemist from the Xiao Clan is just a complete novice who somehow managed to borrow this recipe, from god knows where, to manufacture this Blood Clotting Medicine." On the face of the white clothed youth, there was only indifference and disdain.

"Hehe, being able to see a maker's skills from a tiny bottle of medicine, Liu Xi da-ge's insight is truly vicious." Jia Lie Ao smiled with a hint of flattery.

"It is merely one of the basic skills of an alchemist." Having been called Liu Xi with so much flattery, the white clothed youth modestly shook his head; however an obscure pleased look floated upon his face which did not manage to escape the observation of the old wily foxes seated around him.

"Although the Return of Spring Powder loses out to the Blood Clotting Medicine in terms of quality, the difference between the two isn't dramatic. The main reason why our marketplaces are losing popularity is because previously we had raised the price too much. After we reevaluate our prices our popularity will slowly return, but lowering it back to its previous cost will be challenging. After all this Blood Clot Medicine will definitely pull away many customers. It seems that in the future, the Xiao Clan will also gain a foothold in the healing medication market of Wu Tang City." Jia Lie Bi slowly muttered.