Chapter 14 Vacuum Hand

Listening to the voice inside his head, Xiao Yan blinked and secretly nodded.

Instead of immediately grabbing the black metal piece, Xiao Yan gently picked up the green monster core that was still dripping blood and looking at the shabby looking mercenary standing behind the stall, he asked cheerfully: "Which magic monster did this monster core comes from?"

"Haha, the eyes of young master are really good! This is a monster core from a first level magic monster named Swallow Wood Fox. It is a high quality core! Our Sharp Teeth Mercenary Group waited 3 days and ambushed 5 Swallow Wood Foxes before finally obtaining this magic core..." Noticing Xiao Yan's luxurious outfit, the mercenary rapidly advertised his wares.

"If this object is to young master's liking, I think 500 gold coins would be a good price. Haha, while obtaining this core, we had several brothers who got injured quite heavily..."

Xiao Yan slowly wiped the remaining blood off of the magic core, noticing they haven't completely clotted yet. He nodded slightly and glanced towards the two golden stars on the chest of the mercenary and commented: "Too expensive! Normally a level one magic core's price would only be from 400 to 450 gold coins, furthermore, even if the Swallow Wood Fox is a magic beast, its attack power isn't too high. Are your underlings not Dou Zhes?"

The corner of his mouth slightly jerking, the mercenary laughed dryly. He did not expect the youth standing in front of him to be so knowledgeable about the magic core market and replied: "470 gold coins then, no more no less, we have to live by this..."

"Hahh..." Sighing under the Mercenary's anxious eyes, Xiao Yan bent down and randomly grabbed many things from the stall, conveniently including the mysterious metal piece in the mess. Then he said: "470 gold coins for all of these..."

Looking at the goods on Xiao Yan's hands, the mercenary let out a relieved sigh since none of the items in Xiao Yan's hands were expensive...

"Alright!"

Cheerfully producing some gold coins, Xiao Yan did not waste another moment and left immediately...

"Hah! Brat, to be so cautious in a mundane task of buying things!" The elder's taunting voice sounded in Xiao Yan's head as he turned to leave the shop.

"Those bastards are all swindlers, they'll immediately increase the price if you show interest in their wares. I don't want to lose money for something stupid like that..." After answering, Xiao Yan stopped paying attention to the Elder inside his ring and leisurely exited the market and returned to the clan with Xun Er.

After parting with Xun Er, Xiao Yan impatiently ran back to his room and carefully locked the door...

Turning his head and seeing the Elder who left the ring since god-knows-when, Xiao Yan brought out the recently purchased herbs and magic core. He hastily asked: "All the required ingredients are here, what do we have to do?"

The Elder cheerfully laughed and his gaze scanned the ingredients on the table before suddenly asking: "Don't you want to know what that black metal piece is?"

"Eh?" Xiao Yan paused before realizing that the elder was referring to his "accidental" purchase. He quickly took out the Black Metal Piece and examined it from top to bottom. But after examining it, his brows furrowed and asked: "This, what does it do?"

Yao Lao took the Black Metal Piece and laughed: "There seems to be a Dou Technique inside here. And, the creator of this metal piece was probably also an alchemist because only people that have a strong soul perception can feel the power within this metal piece."

"Dou Technique?" Xiao Yan's eyes brightened and he hurriedly asked: "What level is it?"

In the Dou Qi Mainland, the importance of Dou Techniques isn't lower than Qi Methods. A strong Dou Technique would allow one to perform at a level far beyond what they are capable of. For example, a Dou Zhe being able to fight a Dou Shi even though his Dou Qi is at a disadvantage.